Help

Sunflower Room

What type of books

>

Azure

What type of books
Old 02-14-2007, 08:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

do you use for your book talks? The only books I have that are multiple copy books are guided reading books. Do you think I could use these? Some are so boring with so little substance. Help!!

BookMuncher

book talks
Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Can you explain what you mean by book talks? I'm not sure if you mean read alouds/strategy lessons, book clubs, or book talks (as in short little advertisements for good books).

Azure

Book muncher
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I guess the answer is yes, yes, and yes to your questions. I do help kids pick out books when they ask. Sometimes they can't make a choice. Other times I encourage them to read certain authors.

But it seems you have your kids reading lots of books independently and really working on comprehension. I want to do this also. but the books I have are not very good. So, How many of your kids are reading the same book? Are they all reading different books? How can you teach a specific skill if some are reading really LOW level books and the content just isn't there?

So now what for me? Do I need to buy multiple copies of books or can I go through and use what I have and just teach the comprehension strategies. I feel I need books with more depth.