Help

The VENT

Last year.....

>

stephenPE

Last year.....
Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

. I have four more weeks and go back to work(I wrote this last month). It will be my 40th year and pretty sure my last. 33 at the same school. My thoughts are racing about how I will react. I can see myself thinking "well this is my last unit to teach them how to shoot and dribble a basketball, this is my last soccer unit (their favorite sport) My last Jump Rope For Heart Event ( I have done almost fifty of them). I have loved my job and so many of my kids have been a joy. I told my daughter I will probably cry like a baby my last days. She is in 5th grade at one of my schools so I will have taught all four of my kids 6 years of PE. I even taught my two oldest reading a few years in addition to PE. So many changes since I began in 1978. But teachers still work hard with children and the kids still want to have fun and compete and want my approval and affirmation of their efforts. I am down to 180 more days of teaching. I would keep going but I'm afraid the sun is working on my skin more than it needs to and my memory is not what it was (I have two schools of kids and all those names to memorize.). I may use this thread as a personal journal for my last year so just ignore me if it bores you. My first post 14 (on AtoZ) years ago was all about teachers needing to speak up against all the negatives being thrown at us. Sadly, it is even worse 14 years later.

Last edited by stephenPE; 08-23-2017 at 08:10 AM..
stephenPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Ally

Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am looking forward to being able to say "my last unit of ___" or better yet, "my last set of report cards"! But I know what you mean...teaching is so much a part of us that the end of our careers will be emotional. I wish you a wonderful last year!
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

The last time...
Old 08-23-2017, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When the AP showed up at my door for my last observation, I started crying. It shocked the both of us!

It is sad but I doubt you'll regret your decision. Congratulations!
RetiredKat is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

retiring
Old 08-23-2017, 11:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There is a Retirement Board. Come on over and check it out. Enjoy your last year!
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote