The VENT

Worst class ever!

>

Helpneeded1

Helpneeded1

Worst class ever!
Old 08-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been teaching for 12 years and consider myself to have good classroom management. I always build relationships with my kids. While yes I have had rough classes and students in the past nothing compares to this year. I have the class from he**! We have a huge influx of kids coming from other schools. I have 3 boys from other schools who are horrible. One of them destroyed my room today breaking and destroying things. I got my kids out and he has his tantrum while admin just said "stop
That johnny" he did get suspended. Another new student got in a fist fight yesterday with another student in my class. Then my last new student stole another students supplies today. He wont respond to me when I try and talk to him. I have 3 other boys who aren't new to my school who are behavior problems. I read the story about filling buckets and they aren't one bit interested! We do PBIS and I'm following through, but the behavior isn't changing. They are mean, rude, and disrespectful to myself and other students. They feed off each other. Any suggestions? I can't go through the year like this! It's only week 2! It starting to affect my well behaved kids. FYI My admin is no help.

Helpneeded1

Helpneeded1

Worst class ever (forgot a few things)
Old 08-23-2017, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I forgot to add I teach 3rd. We completed a class contract on how I should treat them and how they should treat me. Also we can't take recess as a consequence.

owl98

Old 08-23-2017, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are you allowed to take a minute of recess? I'm assuming you've called home? How did that go? Do you have another teacher in your building where you could send them for a few minutes for a time away? I'm thinking a first grade or kindergarten room and they can come back when they are ready to act like a third grader? Also I find if catch them being good, give a brief compliment and walk away before they respond, that can help, too.
owl98 is online now   Reply With Quote
reesol

reesol

Did We Work at The Same School?
Old 08-23-2017, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had a classroom identical to yours last year. I was new last year at School (A). After lunch was the worst time. Many students didn't want to do anything and would really cause problems, and I just watched the clock and prayed for the day to be over. Some students did everything you mentioned and more. I changed my classroom management strategy about seven times. As soon as the students caught on to the new strategy, the behavior would start up again.

Now I teach in another school (B) since I was lucky enough to know the new principal and a few people there. My principal friend just got into the gig during the summer, and he was hiring! I count my blessings everyday. It was the best feeling as I moved my materials out of school (A) and told principal (A) I was transferring. Thank God I didn't have to rely on that principal's reference. I really wish you luck, and I hope it works out for you.