Help

The VENT

First day stress!!!!!

>

Riversong1

First day stress!!!!!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm trying to stay calm....but I really hate the first few days of the school year..new staff, new students, new schedule, new student teacher, new initiatives, new technology, new nervous parents, new curriculum, and NO TIME given to us to figure it out! We're stuck sitting for 2 hours listening to all the new and innovative ideas that we need to put into place this year...which changes every year..but no time to just get ready and meet with teams to organize and address questions/concerns before students arrive...instead I get bombarded with emails!!!

I received over 26 emails this week and school hasn't even started yet!!! It triggers my anxiety and tomorrow is day 1 and I'm just not mentally ready!

Ugh!!! I know it takes time and things always work themselves out and I don't need to have everything up and running on Day 1...I just wish we were given more time....that's it!

The end!

Riversong1 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-27-2017, 07:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For the first time ever, I had 2 whole days before school at work with no meetings. It was almost insane! Sure made the beginning of the year so much easier.

Take tonight to just get your mind settled and in the right place. Do what needs to be done to make it through the first 2 days, and continue working that way for the first couple of days. It all works out.

I guess that is a reason I should be thankful our kids don't know where they are going until almost the first day. No hassles by parents.

By the way, we did get a ton of emails, but I just scan them and put them in files unless it is one I need to act on early. Then I leave it sitting in my inbox and take care of it as I have to do so. The first of the year is crazy.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. S.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think most teachers feel this way. I dislike the whole process of teaching routines and getting things started, meeting the parents, etc. I love the period between Nov. and May when everything is rolling along smoothly.

I really feel for those of you who don't get adequate time in the beginning though. My P always gives us amble time to set up. We will have 2 morning meetings and probably a team meeting at some point. The rest of the week will be set up time and prep for open house. From reading on PT, I know I'm blessed to get that time.
Mrs. S. is offline   Reply With Quote