Help

The VENT

Complaints

>

MissESL

Complaints
Old 08-30-2017, 04:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to preface this with it's still the first week of school. Ok, day 3. 3! And I have a bunch of parent complaints...

My child told you she was hungry and you didn't feed her. No she didn't eat breakfast, but that's also your fault. (I'm not the lunch lady.)

My child says he's never allowed to get a drink. (Yes. That's why I told kids to bring a bottle of water if they wanted. That's also why I let them go any time they ask provided it's work time. It's hot upstairs, and water is important.)

My child never brings papers home so how do I know you're actually teaching anything? (It's the third day of school. Today was the first day I actually had the kids in my room most of the day.)

Seriously. 3 days in. And the thing is, the kids are fine during the school day - I've had no problems with them - I've been having to repeat everything sixteen times, but feel that's normal in a new building and as everyone is settling into new routines and new teachers. I hope the whole year isn't like this.

MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

school
Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't understand parents that are annoying to their kids' teachers. I would think there are some teachers that would take it out on the kids.. BE NICE TO YOUR KIDS TEACHERS!!! There should be a sign on the entrance door that says that. lol.. Hope it gets better
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

TheTrunch

Those parents are a bad word that starts with
Old 08-30-2017, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A . It is actually a compound word. It has 8 letters with a total of 3 vowels.
TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

RetiredKat

Complaints
Old 08-31-2017, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

First, Trunch...That was a good one!

One parent I had insisted that every teacher was to be told that her snowflake was to be allowed to have a bathroom break whenever he wanted because "the doctor said" he had a small kidney. She came in one day accusing me of not allowing him to go. I told her that was strange because I gave did trip him a personal bathroom pass just for him to use whenever he needed to. Funny thing though when we went on a field he was just fine the whole day.
RetiredKat is offline   Reply With Quote

kerteach2

oh boy
Old 08-31-2017, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I feel bad for you. I'm hoping that these parents don't continue on all year, it's going to be along year for everyone then!
I'm afraid that I may be in the same boat - my P keeps saying how the 3rd grade parents are so needy- ugh - who has time for needy parents for pete's sake!?

kerteach2 is offline   Reply With Quote