Help

Fourth Grade

Monkey/Jungle theme help! :)

>

emily9724

Monkey/Jungle theme help! :)
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I started out planning a monkey theme for my classroom that has now changed into monkey/jungle. Does anyone have any ideas for a cool "catch phrase" for my behavior bulletin board? I am putting a huge welcome sign on one of the outside walls of my room with "Swinging into 4th grade" and each student's name but would like to decorate my door and have some kind of cool catch phrase for it as well..all I can come up with is "Into the Wild" or "Welcome to the Jungle"..haha Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

emily9724 is offline   Reply With Quote

Carlimichelle

Old 08-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Last year I did a jungle theme and my phrase was "We're a great bunch! I then added a banana tree with some monkeys.

Carli
Carlimichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

LKG8

Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm also doing jungle and on my door I put up a bunch of green leaves made from construction paper to look like a tree and then there are monkeys in the tree with the kids' names on them. On the tree trunk I put "Look who's hangin' out in 4th grade!"

You could also say:

Who's hangin' out in 4th grade?
Take a Walk on the Wild Side (this phrase is going on the INSIDE of my door with cutouts of a tiger, gorilla, and other jungle animals I found at my local teacher store)
We're Wild about 4th Grade! (I'm using this on one of my bulletin boards)
It's a Jungle in Here!

Other jungle ideas:
I have a bulletin board that I covered in cheetah print fabric and put up white ready letters with black construction paper for a background and put "Spotted: Great Work" and I plan to put their 100% or A papers on it. I framed the bulletin board with vines that I made myself out of brown paper that I twisted and taped fake leaves to. It looks really awesome! I was pretty proud of that one....creativity isn't usually my strong suit....

I have a poster that has suggestions for what to do when they're done with their work. At the bottom is says "Don't Monkey Around!"

For AR goals, I set up a vine with big leaves that have percentages on them. Each child has a monkey with his/her name on it. They all start at the 0% leaf and swing across the vine as they work toward their AR goals. Underneath the vine it says "Swinging to our goals."

Sorry I don't really have a phrase for behavior.....I'm still working on that one. If you think of one, PM me and let me know. I hope someone else has an idea that I can steal!!
LKG8 is offline   Reply With Quote

emily9724

Old 08-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love that Carli! Thank you very much! I was looking for something simple but cute so this is perfect! Did you have a job board? I had one last year but was thinking of changing the job titles if I could think of any. Thanks again!

emily9724

Old 08-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Great ideas! Thanks so much! My problem is I only have 3 bulletin boards in my classroom so I am limited on what I can do but I will definitely try to use all of your ideas..they are great! I will keep thinking about behavior..I actually almost used "Don't Monkey Around" but I was hoping something else would come to mind

SusanTeach

behavior board
Old 08-04-2008, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My behavior board says "No Monkey Business".
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Carlimichelle

Old 08-05-2008, 04:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Susan,

Mine too

I added some monkeys and it looked so cute. I will try to find some pictures.

Carlimichelle

website
Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My old classroom website was www. johnsonclassroom. com (without the spaces) My district made me go through them so now I have a new classroom website. However, you can see some of my decorations in the pictures. Click on photos on the right side of the page. I don't have any of my door decorations or big board outside

Carli

Indica

Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Good idea.
Indica is offline   Reply With Quote
Christina.M14

Christina.M14

Pictures?
Old 06-07-2012, 01:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Do you have pictures of these ideas?? Im thinking of doing a jungle theme and would love to see pics!!