Help

Fourth Grade

First time teaching grade 4

>

knewto4

First time teaching grade 4
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been teaching Junior Kindergarten for 9 years and this will be my first year teaching grade 4. I am a little nervous, and dont really know what to expect. I really dont know where to start either...but I stumbled on this sight and have already gotton some good ideas.

knewto4 is offline   Reply With Quote

srobles

Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Fourth grade is a wonderful age. They are independent enough to work, yet still young enough to want your approval and like you. This site is amazing, check it regularly!
srobles is offline   Reply With Quote

teachindakidz

4th grade
Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Teaching 4th grade is great! Like the previous person mentioned, 4th graders are a lot more independent, but you still have to model some things for them. Also they are at the age where you can have discussions with them and they love talking to you. There's so much to look forward to, have a great year
teachindakidz is offline   Reply With Quote

iteach:o)

Not much different :0)
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When I moved from 1st Grade to 4th I was very nervous as well. I thought the kids were going to be very different. They really aren't. 4th graders still love picture books, they still love to be nurtured, you still have to explain things over and over again (maybe only 10 times rather than 25), and they still pick their noses (just less obvious). :0) But you will LOVE their independence in performing a task when directed! Enjoy them. Joke with them. Love them. I'm sure you'll have a great year!
iteach:o) is offline   Reply With Quote

SoBlessed

Agreed!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love what iteach said! I moved from K to 4th and found that they LOVED a lot of my K tricks! They pretended to roll their eyes when I would read them picture books, but I thanked them so much for indulging me so I could read my favorites again! At the end of Chrysanthemum, they were joining in just like my Kinders did! 4th graders are awesome- they have such a great sense of humor and spirit! They love to be praised and loved by their teacher. Also,I found they are more intuitive and can sense when you need a hug, too!
Have fun and enjoy them!

SoBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote

knewto4

Old 08-17-2011, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you for the encouragement, and advice. It is good to know that I will be able to use some of my "K" tricks! I am STARTING to feel a little more at ease.
knewto4 is offline   Reply With Quote