Help

Substitute Teachers

class on monday

>

ciounoi

class on monday
Old 08-25-2009, 11:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've got fifth grade next Monday. We start school tomorrow... so that will be the fourth day after the start of school.

How much actual learning is going on at this point? Will it still be a pretty unstructured, unscheduled day? Or might I have to do some routines? Any ideas?

ciounoi is offline   Reply With Quote

subczy

subczy

I think you'll find...
Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am sure it will be pretty structured. I'd expect to be flexible however as some of the specials such as music, band, reading groups, etc may not be up and running. Also there might be some teachers pulling kids from the room for individual testing as well so you may find yourself repeating your directions a lot. I would expect some of the lessons to be on the "easy" side however as teacher is still gauging what they know. Good luck and enjoy yourself!

MikeRocode

2nd day of school...
Old 08-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Calls don't usually happen the first week of school, but I got a call to sub 4th grade for the 2nd day of school that started thisi week. While there I got a 2nd assignment for this Friday at the same school.

Never can tell just when to expect that first call. For some, it might be a month before that first call.
MikeRocode is offline   Reply With Quote

Bonnie101

Subbing at the beginning of the year
Old 08-26-2009, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Last year when I subbed at the beginning of the year I found it to be a good experience. The students are still getting settled back into going to school and are much better behaved than at the end of the year. Teachers are usually quiet organized with their sub plans also, but always go with the flow. Follow the plans as best you can.
Bonnie101 is offline   Reply With Quote