Substitute Teachers

Aesop

>

subzy

subzy

Aesop
Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I think I am going ot break down and purchase one of those programs that ck's my online sub program for me. Does anyone know if they work on the blackberry? I am not going to be at home to hear it tell me there is a job but I could have my blackberry w/ me (okay, if I go GET a blackberry lol) does anyone know? I emailed the ? to the company but haven't heard back yet.

wnlbutterfly

Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't know about the blackberry, but I did want to post about something that just happened with AESOP.

I had it set to refresh, but I got an email "friendly notice" that Mrs. H has posted a job. You have to clink on the link, go to AESOP and then usually it will tell you that job has been filled (if you are lucky you might get the assignment info and get to accept the job). WELL, it never showed up on my AESOP. I guess not only does it not show up to other subs, it doesn't show up on the preferred sub either unless you do the link via the email (I think they have a phone version of this email notification?). I found that interesting.
wnlbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Response to above
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've gotten those friendly e-mails and I have not once gotten the job from them. It's always taken by someone else who checked their e-mail before me!!
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Cruiser

Cruiser

Subjobsearch is the way to go
Old 09-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

If you want jobs from Aesop you could buy Subjobsearch. This program will accept assignments from Aesop for you. You just list the schools where you want to work and what time of day that you want the assignment for and the program will only accept those jobs for you. Since the program knows the jobs that you want, it will instanly accept the assignment for you as soon as it is posted on Aesop. No one else will be able to get that job from you because they cannot respond as fast as the computer can. You always have first pick of the jobs that you want and you don't even have to be home.
viktoriag

viktoriag

Aesop
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

They have programs that do that? This makes me dislike AESOP even more. I know it's only been 2 1/2 weeks since school started but I have yet to see ONE single job posted. I had a teacher tell me that I am on the preferred list for a couple of teachers, but does that mean that in this huge district that unless I am on a preferred list, I won't see jobs? There were a few schools where I worked very infrequently, but they had regulars who were there all the time and I doubt they will even remember me.

I know the beginning of the year is slow but come on, not even ONE job? Do I have to sit and hit refresh all day long? Or do other people know about those programs? Is that legal? They didn't tell us anything about it at our info session.

I'm not a fan so far - but I will give it a little more time before I begin a desperate search for a more lucrative use of my time. This is our first year with the system, and I've been subbing for eight years in the same district. It makes you feel like yesterday's news.

YILuv2Teach

Viktoriag
Old 09-17-2009, 03:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Check at this thread http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...d.php?t=192175 It refreshes aesop's page for you and will notify you in the corner of your screen. That way you dont have to sit there hitting search/refresh over and over again.
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
viktoriag

viktoriag

thank you!
Old 09-17-2009, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thanks for that link. But I don't use firefox. I'll poke around. This sounds way more complex and cut throat than the bozo who did our training led us to believe. Then again, he wasn't really able to understand any of the questions in the 'Q&A' either. I will try to keep the faith!

YILuv2Teach

Old 09-17-2009, 04:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I thought everyone used firefox these days

I only recently started using the refresher for aesop, so it's definitely not the most important thing. Picking up jobs really has to do with few different things:
-the overall availability of sub jobs vs the # of available subs
-getting noticed by doing a good job (once schools/teachers know who you are, the more likely jobs will come your way)
-active searching (calling aesop or checking online)
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
subY

subY

aesop
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I hate the aesop program.
There are never any jobs! Ever!

viktoriag

I agree
Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I guess from a district's point of view, they'd rather we not work and their jobs get filled than some of us have the pick of jobs and those that we don't pick go unfilled? It's all about them, not about us, at least in this district.

Today I went in for a job - it was showing on my home page as AM and asking for feedback before it even started. When I got to the school, they told me they had cancelled it. It seemed like they were going to keep me and have me do things until the halfway point had come, but then they called HR who wanted me to go to a middle school in the afternoon. When I said I could not, I have to pick up my kids because I told them I would as I had signed on for only a half day, I was then told that they don't need me to stay after all, I should go home.

That really made me mad.

Oh, and I got Jobulator, at least, so now I know that when I sit and waste entire non-working days playing Farmville on Facebook, I can truthfully say that not a single job goes by the entire day. So subs are being placed through some other route, or most jobs are not being shown to all.

viktoriag is offline   Reply With Quote
joe C

joe C

how do you purchase
Old 12-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Cruiser how do you purchase this subjobsearch? I went to there website and it tell you how much it cost but now how to buy it? Can you guide me here?
Heather38

Heather38

Yuk - SubJobSearch
Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I had a really bad experience with them. They don't seem like a legit company. I got a free trial from Assignment Assistant which worked pretty good for me. I like Jobulator, but I had to sit next to my computer. The Assignment Assistant gets the jobs for me without me being there and it lets me put in criteria of what I want and donít want. Subs rock!!!
dude4567

dude4567

Aesoponline is a joke
Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Use to get all the time when a human being did it...now with aesoponline oline never once ever has there been a single job available no matter what time of day you check...and i get called maybe if i am lucky once every 3 months might as well not call me at all. when u call the school to complain they act like I have no idea whats going on, etc..blah blah blah. its all chliches and b.s. they call the subs they want or like...or theres some kind of trick to getting the jobs...because my school is like 5 different humungous schools in the district.
Ray P

Ray P

Substitute Teacher
Old 09-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Do any of the auto assignment programs have the auto accept feature? I was using Sub Sidekick last year and they no longer have that feature available. They stated that they cannot provide it without the cooperation of the Frontline company.

When I go to the Subjobsearch website, there is no contact or purchase information.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks..................Ray