Need help creating a sub flyer to go in the teachers' lounge - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Need help creating a sub flyer to go in the teachers' lounge

>

Bonnie101

Need help creating a sub flyer to go in the teachers' lounge
Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone created a flyer to advertise their avaliability as a substitute? I've seen some subs do this and I need help. Thanks. Any other ideas are welcome too.

Bonnie101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Smiling Sub

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not sure about a flyer... I haven't seen any flyers in the districts I have subbed in but I know a few people on here have mentioned that they leave a business card with their information on it.

Personally, I always include my email information at the end of the note that I leave for the teacher at the end of the day. This way, if the teacher likes what I have done, they may call me back or pass my information on to a teacher who needs a good sub.

Good Luck and Happy Subbing
Smiling Sub is offline   Reply With Quote

blueheron

I prefer substitute
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

teachers leave something smaller, such as a business card or just a note with their name and number. If the substitute has left a positive impression--detailed note about what got done according to my plans (don't expect everything to be done), room looks reasonably straight, my aides and students seem happy, and their contact information---I'll staple it to an index card and put it in a little box. I'll just cut out the essential information if it is on a brochure, and staple it to an index card. I made business cards on magnetic paper when I substituted. I occasionally see one of my old cards stuck somewhere when I am visiting other schools for meetings or trainings.
blueheron is offline   Reply With Quote

Bonnie101

Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you both for your ideas. I think I will try and leave each teacher I work for an index card with my info. Thanks!
Bonnie101 is offline   Reply With Quote