Help

Substitute Teachers

Business Card

>

CaliSub

Business Card
Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Other than the basic contact information (Name, Cell Number, Email), what other information is common on the business card we leave behind as guest teachers. I don't seem to have much information to place on my card. Since I fill in for all subjects (grades 6-12), I am reluctant to put a specialty on my card. Any thoughts?

CaliSub is offline   Reply With Quote

grav_def

Old 09-01-2009, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Mine is mostly "basic info." I have:
My name
The fact that I'm certified
"iYo hablo espanol!"
A specialty (early elementary). I do worry that it limits me, but on the other hand it's what I strongly prefer, and I know that a lot of K teachers are concerned about finding subs who understand young children, so I'm hoping it helps more than it hurts.
My sub request numbers in the 17 districts I work in. (OK, it only feels like 17. I have 4 separate request #'s; one of them is for a common subfinder system shared by multiple districts. Another is for a district I worked in for exactly one day last year and am dropping this year.)
A pretty picture from VistaPrint. I sprung for one of the non-free ones.

Speaking of, I also tried printing my own cards last year. They looked awful (part of that is because my printer's not so great), and probably cost more than the VistaPrint ones anyway. Those blank cards are NOT cheap, and of course I also went through a ton of printer ink. I'd recommend ordering over printing your own.

ETA: Duh, I also have my email and cell number on there.
grav_def is offline   Reply With Quote