Help

Third Grade

Observation

>

Funshine Bear

Observation
Old 03-18-2018, 03:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Help I am being observed this week, I know, the week prior to beginning of Spring Break . I don't want to begin any lengthy lesson or begin a new book or story. Anyone have any suggestions for a short but simple third grade lesson for reading? Maybe something on theme or inference. Something that would also have a student activity. Thank you in advance for your help.

Funshine Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 03-19-2018, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We're doing theme right now. I really like reading a story and discussing what the theme might be and then using those inspiration billboards as an exit slip. I just read "Mr. Peabody's Apples" and "Salt in His Shoes" and they were both fantastic. Also, quizizz has a great theme test in there that would be a great activity for the class if you have Chromebooks or tablets (it's 4th grade, but perfectly fine for 3rd graders). Read the book, do the quizizz game and then the exit slip would probably make a great observation. Although not much differentiation.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote