Help

Fourth Grade

AIR (state) testing

>

Linda/OH

AIR (state) testing
Old 04-15-2018, 03:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone else giving the AIR over the next couple of weeks? ELA is next week and math the following. Wish us luck. I do NOT feel very confident in my student's this year. All the work we've done and the practice tests show poor results

Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

Old 04-15-2018, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We hit the ground running with AIR first thing tomorrow morning. Overall, I feel okay, but we're very concerned about the writing. Since we found out just over a month ago that our writing will now be graded by computer using scoring algorithms, we've been scrambling to change how our students are taught to respond. We were told that if they restate the prompt, they will automatically score a 0. We're freaking out about how to get them to cite the text without citing it so much that it's considered plagiarism. It's a lot to ask of 9 & 10 year olds. I'll be glad when it's over! 2 ELA tests this week, and then in 2 weeks, I have 4 math tests (I teach 2 sections). I'm hopeful they can pull out decent scores.
Good luck with yours!
roo is offline   Reply With Quote