Help

Fourth Grade

Hey 4th grade teachers!!

>

Elmsprings

Hey 4th grade teachers!!
Old 10-09-2018, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My child is in 4th grade. I do think his teacher is moving at an appropriate rate. The pace is slow, and I fear that not all standards will be covered. Could you tell me what you are currently working on? How much have you covered in math? It's been 9 weeks, they've only worked on rounding, adding/ subtracting, and place value. 😳

Elmsprings is offline   Reply With Quote

Katluv

Yep!
Old 10-12-2018, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We have only done place value, comparing numbers, rounding and just finished adding and subtracting whole numbers.

Sounds like your sonís teacher is right on pace (at least in my district).
Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

cathy1206

Pacing for fourth grade math
Old 10-13-2018, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I teach fourth grade. We have done place value, adding and subtracting of numbers to hundred thousands, rounding and multiplication of numbers by 10, 100 or 1000 with metric conversions. This week we will start multiplication and division along with area. We use Engage NY math but it sounds like your childís teacher is on a good pace. Fourth grade math is a big step up in my opinion. We go from understanding what things are in third grade (ie. what are multiplication arrays or what are fractions to application of these skills). She may be setting a Slower pace so your son and his classmates are mastering these important skills. Trust her but donít be afraid to encourage your sun to be practicing multiplication facts at home so he is prepared for what is to come.
cathy1206 is offline   Reply With Quote