Help

Retired Teachers

2nd day of true retirement

>

mom23kids

2nd day of true retirement
Old 09-10-2021, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all! I retired on 7/1 but I actually feel retired now since all the teachers started back yesterday. Kids start on Monday. So yesterday I went out to lunch with friends who are also retired. Then to Macys and bought these beautiful earrings that look like diamonds but aren't
Today I'm getting my will signed. I've wanted to do a will since my kids were very little cause you just never know and when they're little is when it would be important too. I'm in NY and the city does this for free for teachers. Nice deal, my friend paid over 700 dollars. I love freebies. I even took a free box of tea yesterday at H & M in the mall cause they were giving it away. lol I have to admit, this freedom is not coming easy to me. I def need to adjust. I think I may start playing tennis. I used to be good. I also want to tutor. My friend got tickets to go see the View. I have plans to go to Flor to stay with my sister for a week in oct. However, I'll see how covid numbers are before I do any of these things. I have no problem canceling cause of that. Have a great day everyone!!

mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

You are off to a good start!
Old 09-10-2021, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Best wishes for a happy retirement. I agree that teacher retirement just feels like a regular summer until the next year of school starts without you.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

FionaJ

Old 09-10-2021, 08:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Those are great perks! Sounds like youíre adjusting to retired life just fine. It is a wonderful benefit for the hard work we did. I used to play tennis too but have no one to play with now. I wish we could be tennis buddies!
FionaJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Coopsgrammy

2nd day
Old 09-10-2021, 08:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Keep enjoying your time! Relish every moment!
Coopsgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Old 09-10-2021, 11:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Once you get used to retirement, it is totally awesome. When the doctors office office asks me when Iím free I just say, ďI retired, what do you have openĒ? Itís great. When a sales clerk has someone else come up often times Iíll say, ďThatís OK Iím not in a hurry.Ē And I am thinking because I am retired.

I still miss teaching. I put in a lot of years of hard work way into the night. But I love retirement.

When I donít get something done during the day I can just do it tomorrow.

Take care and enjoy.

kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Great plans!
Old 09-10-2021, 12:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I love being retired. My personal tradition is to go to the beach on one f the first days my district is back in session. I have a favorite beachfront restaurant, and I take myself to breakfast there. This year, they closed Labor Day, so I just packed a lunch.

Next week I will meet my retired teacher friends for our regular lunch. I go to the gym most days and have discovered I love spin class. Before Covid, I enjoyed travel and going into the city, but avoid these personally due to Covid right now. I also love having the time to read when it is not just summer vacation.

Sounds like you have some fun times ahead! Enjoy!
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

Good for you!
Old 09-10-2021, 01:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Happy retirement!
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Retirement is a process
Old 09-10-2021, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We remind each other on here. It takes some adjustment and revising, just like when you started teaching. The great thing is you donít have to learn on the flyóthereís time to figure things out.

You get to try out hobbies, experiment with interests, and be inyour pajamas all day if thatís what you want to do. Makes it easy to be ready for bed. 😄

This is your reward for working so hard for so many years. Grab it.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

TeaPro

Old 09-10-2021, 07:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Sounds like you had a good day and plans for the future too. It's year two for me. Instead of feeling a little sad on the first day of school this year I was annoyed by all the traffic caused by parents taking their kids to school. I do still miss the kids, though.
TeaPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

2nd day
Old 09-11-2021, 02:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

You got off to a great start. It is so rewarding to just be able to do what we want and when. It sounds like you have some goals lined up. I think that's important too. It's lovely to have things to look forward to while still taking it easy and going with the flow

Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

starfish92

I retired
Old 09-15-2021, 08:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

7/1/18 from the NYCDOE. I love every second of it. Covid kind of got in the way so in many ways I feel like I just retired. We moved to PA right after I retired and now I love to explore my new area. I will tell you that your best day is yet to come. It's that first snow day! No getting up at 4am to see if the Mayor has decided to close or not. My first snow day I slept till 7AM and stayed in my PJ's all day! Enjoy every second of it! You worked hard for it!
starfish92 is offline   Reply With Quote