Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Restaurant changes due to Covid

>

amiga13

Restaurant changes due to Covid
Old 03-15-2020, 05:30 AM

I read many restaurants are hard hit by this virus and making big changes, including curbside pickup. I read many restaurants here are offering free meals for kids (eat in restaurant or take-out) and that most are using plastic utensils.

Here is a sign (they must have the same annoying word processing system I used to have which misnumbers—this is the whole list) from a popular local breakfast restaurant which usually has a line out the door. They somehow got that new window in overnight—and my favorite part (which makes a lot of sense when you think about the germs on money) is no cash.

What’s going on in your area?

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

jks

Old 03-15-2020, 05:43 AM

There was a post on FB about supporting local businesses by buying gift cards for restaurants and saving them until summer to use them. That way the owners would have money to operate now and customers later.
jks is offline   Reply With Quote

MathWA

Old 03-15-2020, 05:49 AM

We winter in a southern state where the CV fever is just catching on. Only 4 cases in the whole state. People aren’t in a frenzy like in my home state.

Last night we went to a local restaurant which offers a Saturday night Prime Rib special which is actually quite good. We ordered drinks and then hubs noticed the chef who came out to get a Coke. He sneezed into his elbow so we left without ordering food. No thank you!
MathWA is offline   Reply With Quote

peggy27

Old 03-15-2020, 06:56 AM

I live in a county of 30,000 that has 2 ski resorts and we have had 6 cases only 1 local. All restaurants in the whole county is curbside, call ahead, give credit card ahead. They are not handling cash or cards by employees. Our health department also told people not to come to our county and the resorts closed today.
peggy27 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lottalove

Emails
Old 03-15-2020, 07:03 AM

All of the restaurants where I've left my email as part of a loyalty program have emailed to say that they will follow CDC guidelines for closing.

In the meantime, they are stepping up sanitation and monitoring staff. The bigger ones have also mentioned restricting the number of guests for now.

Lottalove is online now   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 03-15-2020, 08:47 AM

^ Same here as with Lottalove. But I woudln't be suprised if the BUFFET restaurants close for at least the rest of the month around here.

I ate at Souplantation yesterday and the only change I saw there were 2 hand sanitizing stations near the front door with a sign stating to sanitize before grabbing a plate/food. Also, the cashier sanitized his hands before ringing us up, which is GOOD!

I wish everyone everywhere would have always kept much more space in between them when waiting in ANY line. I ALWAYS have and I hate when people are right up on my neck!
MAsped is online now   Reply With Quote

Claire

Restaurants
Old 03-15-2020, 09:01 AM

So far my ds 19 restaurant has just implemented extra cleaning protocols and removed "community" items from the tables like menus and the buckets of peanuts they have out.

I can totally see going to curbside pick up only though if this thing ramps up.

It's just all so new and scary. He was saying yesterday that he would NOT eat out right now and they run a super clean restaurant. He's a kitchen manager and says at least 10 people contact your food before you do. Think about it.

I told my dd not to be asking me for chick fil a or any if that. It's mom's cooking until further notice here.
Claire is online now   Reply With Quote

momteachsis

Claire: Dd works there too
Old 03-15-2020, 12:01 PM

DD said they've turned off all their social media so that people can't comment about the bucket of peanuts. She said that it was so slow this morning that they cut half the staff there.
momteachsis is offline   Reply With Quote

sevenplus

Old 03-15-2020, 12:14 PM

Ohio's Governor just announced the closing of all bars and restaurants effective at 9 PM tonight.

Restaurant carryout and delivery are still allowed.
sevenplus is online now   Reply With Quote