Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Condo/apartment

>

LaFish

Condo/apartment
Old 03-30-2020, 03:36 PM

What is it like living in a condo/apartment during a stay at home order? Benefits? Disadvantages?

DH and I would like to downsize when we both retire. I retired last year and he is still working. During this stay at home order, I am loving my large backyard and patio area. DH is enjoying the 2 car garage. Will we enjoy an apartment or a condo? Tell me what it is like. TIA

LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Itís fine
Old 03-30-2020, 03:40 PM

I have the sunroom as my work space, and DH set up a mini office space in the bedroom. If you had a two bedroom I think youíd be fine.

We still have our house up north, and I am looking forward to doing projects, and I miss our garage and yard (so DH has more space to putter!)

But it is nice to just pick up and go. And itís easy to keep disinfected because itís smaller.
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 03-30-2020, 03:52 PM

I think it really depends where you are and what you get. My condo is 2 bedroom, 2 car garage and a nice back patio overlooking our pond, so staying at home really hasn't been difficult.
elspeech is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 03-30-2020, 04:05 PM

5 adult-sized people in a small apartment. We're doing ok, honestly, but it's hard to "get away" and have privacy. I think a lot would depend on the set-up and amenities you might have in your apartment or condo.
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 03-30-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
What is it like living in a condo/apartment during a stay at home order? Benefits? Disadvantages?
I am a walking advertisement for condo life. I downsized from a house of 2700 sf to a condo with exactly half as many square feet, but I was really fussy about floor plan. In many ways my condo feels more open than the house did. DV (during virus), I do not feel claustrophobic at all. I am lucky to spend a lot of time sitting in the white leather recliner in the foreground of the pic I just took for you. The balcony is small, but plenty spacious for 2 people. I text and see neighbors (in common areas, not in our units) and we are all careful about 6 ft. + distance, so I don’t feel isolated. So easy to keep clean.

Disadvantages:
*I won’t share the elevator now DV. I wait til I can be alone. I live on the top floor, 3rd floor, and usually use the stairs. I only use the elevator when I have groceries.
*Can’t think of anything else.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Thank you
Old 03-30-2020, 05:10 PM

I appreciate everyoneís insight. We have time to really look around and to see what is available later. I hope we can find a nice view like Amiga has! Thank you for the pic!
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 03-30-2020, 10:34 PM

Two people here in a 1 bed/1 bath. It would probably take some getting used to since you love your large backyard and 2-car garage. I have a small patio and my garage is a tiny walk from my unit. I wouldn't want it any smaller than what we have. I like it though. It's cozy.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote