Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

lunches online?

>

Renea

lunches online?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:40 PM

My son is a postal carrier. He eats lunch if time permits while he's working. I am concerned that he orders food though drive-throughs with little ability to disinfect them (or even wash his hands). I've been thinking that there may be boxed lunches that can be ordered online for delivery somewhat like Blue Apron for lunches that might be helpful to him. He would need something that doesn't require many cooking skills.

Does anyone know of lunches online that could be shipped like Blue Apron?

Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-02-2020, 03:08 PM

I would think he could bring a lunch from home, but I'm guessing he doesn't want to do that (since he could already be doing it) and he doesn't live with someone who wants to make him one. My first thought was big-boy lunchables

He should definitely have hand sanitizer with him, at the very least. I would hope they would provide that at work.
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

Renea

Gracekrispy...
Old 04-02-2020, 03:38 PM

He's not married and isn't much of a cook so there's no one to prepare something for him. I like the idea of "Big Boy" Lunchables.

I'll talk with him and see if he is willing to give them a try. He often doesn't get a chance to eat due to time constraints and often just takes power bars with him. It would be great if he could have something healthy for lunch without shopping for supplies.

* side note
He's working long hours in many areas that have dense populations with little opportunity to wash his hands. He does have plenty of hand sanitizer so that's good news.

Say thanks to your postal workers. They're in a tough spot these days.

amiga13

Old 04-02-2020, 03:41 PM

My beloved mail carrier brings her lunch and it’s mostly individually wrapped stuff like string cheese. I love DrGK’s suggestion of big-boy Lunchables. When she’s done eating and sanitizing, she dons gloves and mask. She also has a key to the restroom in my condo’s common room so she has access to soap and hot water. Good luck to your son, Renea.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Starr

Old 04-02-2020, 06:33 PM

I wonder if prepackaged, wrapped sandwiches would work? If he keeps the plastic wrapped around the bread, he won't actually be touching the food that he eats.

Also, please tell your son how appreciative those sheltered down at home are for the postal workers who are continuing to work! I'm very grateful to still be getting mail and packages sent through the post office and delivered daily without fail.

Starr is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 04-03-2020, 02:54 AM

Thank you, Star. I'll suggest the prewrapped sandwiches and the string chees Amega suggested.

I live in another city and hoped to order something online for him. A little something to make his day easier.