Help

The VENT

Zoomed Out!

>

Lady Teacher

Zoomed Out!
Old 04-01-2020, 09:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has your district gone crazy with Zoom Meetings??? OMG! It seems like every committee, administrator, department head etc. Wants a Zoom meeting now. I get it we are not able to meet face to face but I just can't anymore!

Lady Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

OrganizedPup

Old 04-01-2020, 09:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I get it! There are a couple Iíve gotten on where I turn off my video.
OrganizedPup is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 04-01-2020, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I guess I should feel thankful, but a part of me just feels left out. We have had 2 staff meetings. Teachers have met with students on Meet, but most of it has been for read aloud or just to meet up. I don't have a class, so....

I am getting things done, though so I shouldn't complain. I would rather feel out of the loop than over "met" with virtual meetings! I do know we will have some happening mainly due to figuring out what happens next year. All those meetings we have in the spring that guide what happens in the fall.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote
guest123

guest123

zoomed out too!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have been working with my elderly mother to do a zoom meeting for going on 3 hours now. At first, she was trying to do the meeting on a computer with no webcam or microphone...took a while to figure that out. Now we're trying with her phone, but I think she has also forgotten the email and or password she used to set up the zoom account. I feel sorry for her...and a little for me too!

Teacherbee_4

I'm with you!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm with you! Send it in an e-mail! I was in an hour and half Zoom faculty meeting today with no new information. Staff members were just talking about how great it was to see each other and several were crying because they were afraid they were going to sick. I just wanted to get out of there! I do miss my colleagues, but I don't NEED to see them everyday! I know there is nothing wrong with expressing emotion, but I have a hard time dealing with that in a work setting, especially in a meeting with everyone!

Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 04-01-2020, 11:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yesterday, I was on Zoom meetings from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with little 15-20 minute breaks here and there. It was crazy! The problem is that we can't do the "drive by meetings" in the hall anymore, so there's a lot more "official meeting" that has to take place.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-01-2020, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I keep forgetting to show up for Zoom meetings I'm supposed to be a part of Yesterday, I missed one (remembered about 30 minutes into it), but that was ok. Today, I luckily remembered about 3 minutes into one and I showed up and participated.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 04-01-2020, 01:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Mwahahaha. YES! I was done after day one. I'm deeply an introvert and even I am saying "It'd be nice to see people.' So, it's kinda nice to see people. Most of the meetings could still be done by email or text though.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

SoDone

Mute
Old 04-02-2020, 04:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

...is a great feature. I mute my video and claim IT issues so I can do other stuff and listen at the same time. I can't sit still and I hate being in pics/videos at any time. I'll listen but I'm not doing all this crazy crap. I went grocery shopping during one yesterday and no one knew

Last edited by SoDone; 04-02-2020 at 04:44 AM.. Reason: Spelling
SoDone is offline   Reply With Quote

ElizabethJoy

KindyZoom
Old 04-02-2020, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am LOVING Zoom so far, but we've only been using it for 3 days. Given time, I'm sure the novelty will wear off

Also....I taught my first kinder class on Zoom today. It was HILARIOUS. I had kids wearing tutus, fairy wings, cat ears, and with multi-colored hairspray. Kids wear uniform in my country, so this opportunity for a display of individualism was pretty exciting for this kids.

ElizabethJoy is offline   Reply With Quote