Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

I want PEARLY white teeth! Help~~~

>

learnalways

I want PEARLY white teeth! Help~~~
Old 12-29-2008, 06:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want whiter teeth!!!! It is funny - everyone says I have nice white teeth, but I don't see it. My dentist told me they are fine. I have had them whitened and they looked GREAT but that was a year ago. Does anyone else use any type of gel, trays, strips, or used zoom before?

Give me some brands or ideas!!!!

Thanks!

aggiegirl75

I use...
Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

the Aqua Fresh White Trays about twice a year. They are one of the more expensive brands, but I like them the best. I have tried others, and not been as satisfied. I have never had professional whitening done, so I don't know how the at home kits compare.

anabel12

teeth
Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use trays and gel from the dentist. He molded the trays to fit my teeth (made impressions) and the gel is pretty strong. I looked at pictures taken this summer and I need to use them again. I only use them a couple of hours every other day or so for about a week. It works very well but can make your teeth sensitive. What's nice is that you can do it whenever you need to. Just be careful not to overdo it.

annie13

Zoom really works
Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had to have it done b/c I have two veneer front teeth due to an accident. When I got the teeth, I decided not to match my dull white teeth. So I had to Zoom them to get them to match. I had to maintain the whiteness with trays and hated them. They are very uncomfortable to sleep in and I love a good night's sleep.
Now I switched to GO Smile. You can get it at Sephora. It is a gel that dries on your teeth and you can sleep without a tray. It really works. It cost a lot but a kit will last half a year minimum.

annie13

Zoom really works
Old 12-29-2008, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I had to have it done b/c I have two veneer front teeth due to an accident. When I got the teeth, I decided not to match my dull white teeth. So I had to Zoom them to get them to match. I had to maintain the whiteness with trays and hated them. They are very uncomfortable to sleep in and I love a good night's sleep.
Now I switched to GO Smile. You can get it at Sephora. It is a gel that dries on your teeth and you can sleep without a tray. It really works. It cost a lot but a kit will last half a year minimum.

madelyneva

crest white strips
Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

the premium 7 day ones ... most expensive one .. works great for me .. my dentist says they don't work well on everyone, but he said that they do great on me-told me not to use his in office treatment ($300) because the crest strips do the job!

cinaminsweet

Teeth
Old 12-29-2008, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My orthodontist has me using some kind of gel that I put in my retainers once a day, but I don't think it's working well. I also used the Listerine white strips and they don't work at all.

troink

baking soda
Old 12-29-2008, 08:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have heard placing a paste of baking soda on your teeth for about 10 minutes each day helps whiten naturally. I have never tried it, though.

tmar

Teeth Whitening
Old 12-30-2008, 05:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I just purchased the Crest Premium Pro Whitestrips. My dentist told me the same thing as a previous poster. I was talking to him about him doing it, and he said the whitestrips work just as well! I've used them before and love the results!

Smiles66

The Doctors
Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hi guys,

I was watching the Doctors a couple weeks ago and this topic came up. One of the doctors actually said that you can whiten your teeth naturally with an item that can be found in your fridge. I was thinking he was going to say baking soda, but he actually said that the pith (white inside edge) of an orange rind will whiten your teeth as well as any over the counter product. Well...I happened to have an orange in my fridge and tried it. It does work amazingly well! Anyways, you just rub the inside of the orange rind on your teeth for about fifteen seconds, and it will remove the surface stains without any removal of the enamel. I guess sometimes it is worth watching a little bit of tv! Good luck with this!