Is anyone on board with paying CBS for the new Star Trek show? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Is anyone on board with paying CBS for the new Star Trek show?

>

Hifiman

Is anyone on board with paying CBS for the new Star Trek show?
Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 PM

I like Star Trek. I wanted to watch the new series Sunday night. I started to watch it, but fell asleep as it recorded. I was confused though when I heard that there was supposed to be a double episode. I only saw one on the guide.

I have since learned that the first episode aired on TV for free and was supposed to be cliffhanger. The second episode was only on the CBS pay site, which offered a free trial. The rest of the season is only on their pay site. Not cool. I already pay for satellite, which includes CBS. I'm not paying another fee. And now I see no point in watching the first episode I recorded since I won't be paying so I deleted it.

Seriously people, it's like CBS is begging me to download the pirated stuff.

Hifiman is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 PM

I hear you. I think that is their answer to losing more and more people to services such as Prime and Netflix. I don't know how long the networks and cable/dish will be able to sell services. So many people don't use them anymore.

For me, my internet isn't fast enough to do much streaming...
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

read2day

Old 09-26-2017, 03:53 PM

I agree with you. I actually watched the entire episode because I wanted to see if it was any good. It wasn't good enough to make me want to pay yet another monthly fee. Glad I watched it though because now I know I won't be missing anything.
read2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Miss Binney

Old 09-26-2017, 04:17 PM

CBS is so stingy with their shows. It makes me crazy! I was without a DVR for about 2 months after moving across the country. I was able to watch every other channel's shows on demand using my cable provider's app. Not CBS - the stuff that was available was weird, old stuff. I ended up missing the entire season of Big Bang Theory. I finally caved and bought the entire season that summer because I couldn't quite get all of the episodes recorded when they reran. I recorded the episode of Star Trek to see if it was any good, but haven't watched it yet. I seriously doubt it will be so amazing that I will want to pay to see it.
Miss Binney is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 09-26-2017, 06:23 PM

We won't be, and it's Nerdlandia around here. Because of my spouse, I've watched every single episode of every single iteration of Star Trek (including all of the movies), Battlestar Galactica, Lord of the Rings, etc. I fell asleep halfway through it, too - when I woke up my spouse said I didn't miss anything.

pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Star Trek
Old 09-26-2017, 09:10 PM

I did and will watch more. I watch shows only on my computer and pay the $9 a month for all access CBS. There are enough shows on there that it is worthwhile to me. I don't have cable.

I watched it and found it a bit dull, but the previews for the season look a lot better.
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

SpeedLimit62

Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 PM

I really wanted to watch it. I don't want to pay for it.. I already pay for practically everything (it seems!). I'll wait till it comes on blue ray ... lol
SpeedLimit62 is offline   Reply With Quote