Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

K to 6th

>

cakepop

K to 6th
Old 12-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After much thought, I think I'm going to switch schools next year. The position open would be for 6th grade literature. However, I teach K right now That's a huge jump! Anyone make a huge switch like that? I've only taught 2nd and K.

Not tying shoe laces is really exciting for me! haha

cakepop is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Taught all grade levels
Old 12-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

...as a sub and special ed teacher. Kindergartners were the most draining. Found my niche in middle school. Spent 15 years in 8th grade and 2 in 7th. I'm subbing again, mostly at my middle school. I never thought I'd say this, but I ADORE sixth graders. They are funny, childlike, and yet independent (mostly). There is a little drama beginning about now. The boys are still like really big kindergartners (continues at least through 8th grade), except they can tie their own shoes. The girls are a little more mature. I would say to go for it! All but one person I know who transferred to middle school from elementary has loved it. Good luck in your decision. I never thought I'd like middle school students, but I rarely sub in any other grade levels but 6-8.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote