Help

BusyBoard

Testing Time

>

teachmeifucan

Testing Time
Old 02-07-2017, 01:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was curious how you handle it when students are taking tests. Do you give them an unlimited amount of time to complete an end of the unit test? I used to, but some kids are taking advantage of this and could spend 3 hours and not be done. (No it wasn't that long, but 45 minutes, then 30 minutes, then recess...) The tests are not that long and most kids can finish them in the time allotted. I've had them stay in at recess, but a couple of them don't care if they miss it, so they just sit there. Any suggestions? I've tried stating at the beginning that they will have XX number of minutes to complete and throughout that time, I remind them that "You now have XX minutes left" but they still don't complete it. Suggestions????

teachmeifucan is offline   Reply With Quote

missamanda_20

Old 02-12-2017, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I give my students their unit test I set a time for 30 minutes. If they aren't done by then they stay during their ancillary/block period to finish. If they aren't done by then then the questions they don't do are wrong and I make a note that they didn't finish in the given amount of time and received extra time still didn't finish.
missamanda_20 is offline   Reply With Quote