Calling on Experienced 4 Grade Teachers!!! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Fourth Grade

Calling on Experienced 4 Grade Teachers!!!

>

K12ENLTeacher

Calling on Experienced 4 Grade Teachers!!!
Old 08-13-2019, 03:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Dear 4 Grade Teachers,

I need your help! I have been teaching K-2 ENL for several years, but only last year I got my own classroom. I taught dual language 2 grade for the first time and I just fell in love with it! This year I am jumping into 4th! It will still be dual language, though. I already have some ideas about the basic classroom decor, but I know that math, reading and writing centers/stations/corners are very important. Therefore, I would like to know what are some must-haves in writing, reading and math corners/stations/centers. I know that paper and pencils should belong in the writing center but I also would like to know what others have done and still doing.

Thank you!

K12ENLTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

centers
Old 08-14-2019, 02:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I noticed there were no responses here. I have not done centers or stations in 4th for many years. We do much more independent work along with guided reading or small group work. Maybe someone else can shed a light for you
Linda/OH is online now   Reply With Quote

SteelerFan

Daily 5 stations
Old 08-16-2019, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I teach reading and use mini lessons and station work through the lesson. I expect independent, paired, and small group work depending on the task. We have a regular vocab/word work table. They read to themselves or in pairs. And one stop is usually work with teacher. We have 1 to 1 technology, so some of the skill or word work can be completed there.
SteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

hsday

Centers / Stations
Old 04-25-2020, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've taught 4th grade for 11 years. The last four years have been self contained. I do not do a lot of stations. I do have small group work so that I can have kids at my table for guided reading and guided math, but I don't call this stations or centers. Students have work they know they need to get done. When they are finished, I have have various things for them to work on in both ELA and math. THese might be considered stations, but they have choice as long as they are on task.
hsday is offline   Reply With Quote