Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

not sure who is to blame

>

bruinsfan

not sure who is to blame
Old 02-03-2020, 03:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I started a new job in Sept and was put into a preschool class and my director/co teacher is in the same class. I have had no guideline to know what to do for my job at the time. I was assigned one circle time and was told to read stories and make them interactive and my director was in charge of teaching at her circle time. In November she said I was doing good so far. Then Dec. I was told not to do circle so we can focus on our pageant. When we got back I had ideas for our nursery rhyme unit and thought I was ok. She ended up not allowing me to do circle. She gave me no lead way for our Chinese New Year theme but I submitted ideas and then she said I will do it. Then I submitted ideas 2 weeks in advance for our pet unit. Then I got an email Saturday saying I will do circles and you focus on the kids. Today she told me I need to work on communication.
I have submitted my ideas to her over the week thur email and she refuses to read my ideas so I have no idea if I am doing it correctly or not. She has not helped me to say if I can do my lessons without her consent. I had ideas ready for her but she never told me if I could do them or not. I am upset that she will not share how she feels about my ideas. And when I do, she doesn't allow me to use them. Now she just wants me to work with the kiddos on her stuff and interact with them and not do circle.

So, I am at fault not to ask her what's going on? She really has not helped me this year except putting me down.

bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Smurfyteach

Hope this helps
Old 03-27-2020, 03:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's a no-brainer to ask her what's going on and don't leave it any longer. You need a leader but you must take initiative. Show how keen you are! Smile and have fun with whatever activities you do and follow through!! So... implement something and show rapport with kids and parents.

However since you have not indicated your qualifications or experience, it's hard to advise you. If you have both, you can do much more.

You must communicate asap and find some working chemistry and balance or otherwise, the kids and parents will find out because they're the most perceptive , or you'll get nowhere.

My 800th post! Just sayin'

Be Smurfy
Smurfyteach is offline   Reply With Quote