The VENT

The target

>

Califriend

Califriend

The target
Old 06-03-2020, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So here we are at the end of a school year. I work in a district with very few openings in my subject. All this year an AP has made me his target. I have been told I need monitoring, that I was underperforming, that basically my coworkers not doing their jobs on our team was my fault, I have been insulted in meetings continuously for asking a question and then given an low evaluation score for not participating. Other admin have told me this admin came to them about me and that they had to evaluate me accordingly. Thatís just a little bit of this year. This person was nice enough to me last year. As someone that has had very high evals, good results, and no issues that I know of at work this was all very odd. My friend outside of work told me it was called gaslighting because I was constantly questioning myself. I tried to get another position and I can not find one or be offered one. I am supporting myself. Fast forward to recently and this administrator wrote me up for my first time without even talking to me prior. It was completely unjustified and the story was not even real and involved a coworker thinking I was telling on the school, but I was actually talking to that person about an open position to get out. I did fight the write up with evidence. I didnít get the other job. Itís a hard time to find a new position. Iím fairly certain to cover their tracks they also have been badmouthing me. I feel like my story doesnít sound real anymore and if I stay I feel like that write up was his warning that he will lie, etc and I have no say. My job and my duties at the school have been essentially erased by him and someone that he likes very much. I feel like my career is ruined and I love my job.

anna

Old 06-04-2020, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Have you spoken to your union at all about this problem? It sounds as if you have been unfairly targeted and the hope is you will leave and that admin will fill your spot with a friend. Gather documentation and stand up to this unfair treatment. Admin have to have hard evidence to fire someone so if you have permanent status,stick with that job and deal with that admin in a professional and legal manner.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
AlwaysSummer

AlwaysSummer

Old 06-04-2020, 09:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is why you have to always document and be preemptive. ANY action you take now will be defensive, even if 100% not your fault it's going to be tainted by this. Keep looking, there are jobs but everything is sort being held up because most districts don't know how their year will beginl

elepen

Old 06-04-2020, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Califriend

This has happened to me. Everything good for years and then all of a sudden I can’t do anything right
Sometimes they do it because they want to put someone else in your job , or your position was terminated and your yearly salary just happened to be the amount of the bonus given to the superintendent but we are non renewing you. Just business not personal and it sucks
Sorry you’re going through this
elepen is offline   Reply With Quote

Damusicman

I canít even with these psycho bosses!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I can relate 100000000%! I KNOW their masters of admin professors didnít teach them to be bully bosses - Iíd know because Iíve taken some of those courses myself! Iíve always been a LEADER who doesnít need to micromanage because I actually train people PROPERLY.
My severe special ed school only has 57 kids but somehow needs 4 admins...

Damusicman is offline   Reply With Quote