Help

Substitute Teachers

NJ and CT Plan To Reopen Schools In September

>

NJSubteacher

NJ and CT Plan To Reopen Schools In September
Old 06-26-2020, 09:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As long as these states keep the virus under control, NJ and CT officially announced schools to reopen in September meaning subs will be busy most likely. NY also hinted to do the same. In NJ, masks will be required for all staff while strongly encouraged (but not required) for students. I am glad to hear this because as a sub, I do not want to have to be "mask police" too. Next school year will be a challenge for us all, but I must admit that I am looking forward to it (God willing it doesnt get bad here again).

NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

TheMercenary

Old 06-28-2020, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

"In NJ, masks will be required for all staff while strongly encouraged (but not required) for students."
Great. One more way to encourage kids to think they are in charge.
TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 06-28-2020, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Well, I get tired enough yelling at them about their cell phones. Therefore, the last thing I want is to have to constantly tell them to keep their masks on too.

subasaurus

Old 07-05-2020, 06:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh God, the cellphones are the worst. Masks wouldn't bother me as much because they don't make noise and allow kids to look at inappropriate media in class. But yeah, still not excited about having to deal with this whole mess.
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Only at certain times
Old 07-05-2020, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

In my district, the plan is that classrooms will be arranged so that all students face the same direction. They can have the masks off there unless they are doing something collaborative. Masks are required during passing periods, lunch line, and buses. Students will be one to a seat except siblings. Students who live close enough will now have to walk to school.

You just know there will be kids who place it under their nose or otherwise not effective use. Unfortunately, there are plenty of parents here who will encourage that behavior and argue that they are following the rules and "wearing" the mask. This is bound to be a constant policing issue.

Families are being asked to choose either in-person or remote learning and stick with that choice for 9 weeks or (HS) one semester with no switching back and forth. Remote learning will not be elearning as it was in the spring. Students will now enroll in a designated online curriculum.

YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Old 07-05-2020, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Sadly, in many of the southern states and even CA, it is looking tougher to open up schools in person this Fall due to the large COVID spikes. Yet, nationwide death rate continues to decline even in these hot spots. Hopefully the virus will calm down in time for schools to start in those places, or lose its lethal strength as it evolves, which may be the reason deaths are decreasing. Time will tell.