Help

BusyBoard

Tutor

>

rachelmpd

Tutor
Old 07-30-2020, 11:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

An acquaintance and I are in talks of me working with her son. He will “go” to school on ? (They aren’t sure yet) for she thinks 3 hours a day (Kindergarten). She wants me to supplement. I was thinking hands on projects. Scissor skills etc.. my thinking is if he is on the computer for 3 hours, maybe do 45 minutes three times a week. Is that going to be too much? Not enough?

I need some sort of demo for next week. Any ideas?

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Kindergarten tutoring
Old 07-31-2020, 07:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not a kindergarten teacher, nor do I have any experience at that grade level, so I'd take my opinion with a grain of salt. I'm sure there are better experts on here!

I think 45 minutes 3 times a week would be plenty for a kindergartener, especially if that kindergartener will be doing schooling online at home, too. I agree, avoid screens if schooling is online. I also agree with doing hands-on projects. Those are things he may not be getting enough of with online schooling, especially fi they are focusing on academics. I would definitely suggest doing some fun kindergarten type activities. However, depending on how he does with online schooling and well the program works, I would also suggest doing some academic things to at least review what he is doing at school or taking it further if he is ready. He may need extra academic support or more challenging work that online schooling might not give him. You could always integrate literacy with some of the crafts. Read a story and work on reading skills, sight words, etc., but then do a craft or activity related to that story to work on motor skills, creativity, etc.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 07-31-2020, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Don't forget about things like bouncing a ball and learning to skip. Tie shoes. Count money. Possibly tell time.

Oh, and you could cook together. So learning to follow directions with several steps. It could be making a sandwich and setting the table.

Reading a book together and having the child retell the story. Maybe act it out.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote