Future Teachers

Introductory Lesson about myself

>

Ms.Hernandez

Introductory Lesson about myself
Old 08-26-2012, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey Everyone!

I start student teaching Tuesday and I am required to complete an introductory lesson plan on myself. The plan is suppose to help the kids get to know me better. Any ideas or suggestions as to what to do?

I was thinking about completing an "About Me" bag lesson plan where I bring in a bag filled with stuff (maybe 8 - 10 items) that represent me. I would either walk around to students and have them pull out one item and guess what it represents, and then tell them what it means OR I was thinking about having students sit in a circle and do the same thing. Some items I would put in would be my favorite book, Pictures of my pets, Favorite food, etc.

I really want to make this lesson interactive with the students so they are not just sitting there. Oh, it is for a Kindergarten class.

Ms Hernandez

Ms.Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote

janeva

Old 08-27-2012, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think that sounds like a great idea. I am also going to start student teaching on Tuesday in a kindergarten class. I look forward to chatting with you and sharing ideas while we go through this together
janeva is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemenTchr

Good Idea
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love the idea of an "About Me" bag. You could also play 20 questions, where they get to ask you 20 questions or 1 question per student; however, if you do not want them to know your age or first name then that would be something you have to tell them as a part of the rules before you play.

Good luck with your lesson & student teaching.
ElemenTchr is offline   Reply With Quote

BlueLupine

Making it interactive
Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love the welcome to my world bag idea - to make it more interactive you could ask the kindies to guess what the different items represent before you tell them.
BlueLupine is offline   Reply With Quote

SUJunior1124

Me bags
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thats is normally a great idea. Everytime i've had to introduce myself to my students i use the mebag. Its also fun then to let them bring in an item about them. If you let them pull out items you could ask them what they think that item is surpossed to represent about you. I have done that before as well.

Good luck!

SUJunior1124 is offline   Reply With Quote