Help

Kindergarten

Favorite TPT sellers?

>

ZoeBartlett

Favorite TPT sellers?
Old 05-27-2016, 04:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What TPT sellers' products have you found to be really helpful for literacy? Some of my favorite sellers are Tara West, Dee Dee Wills, and Deanna Jump, and Miss Kindergarten. I know there are others, but those are the ones I think of most often.

I've seen many of Tara West's units (KinderLiteracy, KinderPhonics, Guided Reading Mega Bundle, etc.), and they seem really good. I've also seen Deanna Jump's (and Dee Dee Wills'?) Guided Reading K-1 monthly units. I love these, too, but sometimes they seem more geared towards 1st grade.

Have you purchased these specific units from either seller? If so, which one would you recommend the most? Other recommendations?

ZoeBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote

MsMi

Old 05-27-2016, 07:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use Time 4 Kindergarten's monthly homework packets and Moffatt Girls has monthly packets I use for math and literacy stations (they're worksheets but I print on colored paper and laminate them for center use). I also use Kaitlin Albani for reading passages.
I'll have to checkout your suggestions.
MsMi is offline   Reply With Quote

mandamouse123

Old 05-28-2016, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a bit of both Tara West's and Deanna Jump/DeeDee Wills curriculum (both math and literacy), and I end up using both. Like you said, the Jump/Wills one are just a bit too hard but the quality is top notch. The West ones are a bit too easy, especially for this time of year. Parts of KinderLiteracy seem generic and not tailored to each book. The guided reading bundle from her was a mess and was recently organized. She's said that the content is going to be updated this summer, so I'm hopeful that it's going to be good!

I wish Jump, Wills and West would work together! One alternative is Kim Adsit-- she has a reading workshop curriculum. I don't know very much about it, though.

One thing I do use every day is Tara West's KinderPhonics. My kids have a great foundation with letters, sounds and spelling this year because of it.

We use Prince Padinia's pattern block mats the whole year long for our fine motor center, in addtion to other projects. The kids love them and haven't gotten tired of them yet.

DeeDee Wills has 2 editable Sight Word Intervention packs that I've used successfully for both homework and intervention.

You know, all this would be so much easier if TPT had an useful rating system. Giving things all A's and saying thanks does not help me when I want to buy stuff from there.
mandamouse123 is offline   Reply With Quote

cakepop

Marsha
Old 05-28-2016, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have bought quite a few center bundles from Marsha McGuire from the http://differentiatedkindergarten.com
cakepop is offline   Reply With Quote

bennyjake

Tara West's
Old 05-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

products are what I use the most of. I'm never disappointed in anything I purchase from her. Have purchased items from others you mentioned, but I use Tara's much more! Could be they just fit my kiddos needs the best. I'm from the midwest, neighboring states, maybe that is another reason. I can't say enough about how much I LOVE her products. She's very accommodating and helpful with any questions people have as well! OK, done with the Tara commercial! Hope this helps!

bennyjake is offline   Reply With Quote

ZoeBartlett

Thank you!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks everyone!

Mandamouse, I laughed when I read your post. Yes, I would love it if Tara, Deedee, and Deanna worked together. It would make my life so much easier! :-) Tara's school district uses the same math program mine does, so I tend to follow her more closely for math items. I forgot about Kim Adsit's products. She's pretty great, too. I keep comparing many of the guided reading products I see on TPT and it's so hard to choose. I put them in my cart and then get overwhelmed and move them to my wish list. It's funny, I'm deciding on whether to get KinderPhonics. I've now moved it into my cart and out a few times. We don't teach uppercase and lowercase letters at the same time (I'm not sure which is recommended by reading gurus). I like the idea of KP but it seems very scripted. I'm not so into that, but I could see where that aspect could be useful for someone brand new to teaching.

I love TPT but even with the preview option, it's sometimes hard to decide whether something will be truly worth the money. I agree with you on the TPT rating system. I often wonder how honest some ratings are. It seems like everything's always an A+. That's great if it's true but sometimes I wonder.

MsMi, I could have sworn that I replied to your post but it didn't show up. I have a few of the Moffatt Girls' products. I'm not a fan of worksheets really, but sometimes you just need them, you know? Theirs are pretty good. I also use them in centers. I'll have to check out Kaitlyn Albani.

Cakepop, I recently discovered Marsha McGuire, and I enjoy reading her blog. Her products seem great.

Bennyjake, do you follow Tara's FB Kinder/Firstie KinderLiteracy (?) page on FB? I don't know how she keeps up with everything, but I really appreciate all of her hard work to help so many teachers out.
ZoeBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote

skinsfan

Old 06-05-2016, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I use some of Wills, West and Jumps products. I also like Moffatt Girls for my morning work activities and as an independent work activity some days during Guided Reading. She has several seasonal packets.
I TOTALLy agree with you and the other posters regarding the rating system with TPT. It is useless. I actually even gave a rating that was marked down just one level in 1 area and I've not been able to find the rating on that sellers page after I made it. Makes me wonder if they are able to some how remove unfavorable ratings.
The other issue I have with TPT is that some of the resources really aren't appropriate. For instance. Anyone that has addition/subtraction practice things in the first semester is not sequencing their math instruction in a developmentally appropriate way. There should be NO symbolic relationship to the "concept" of addition and subtraction until the students have had plenty of exposure to the conceptual/concrete level first. That is just one example I some times find but there are others as well.
skinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

MamaChickadee

TpT
Old 06-13-2016, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I had used items from several of these, but thank you for adding more for me to check out. TpT is a wonderful resource!
MamaChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote