Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

What would you do?

>

bruinsfan

What would you do?
Old 09-15-2016, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a co teacher who is good what she does....I basically have done the curriculum in our class the last two yrs. Finally I asked her to help and she offered to...Finally.....Well...she knew the last two wks have been busy for me at home...kid going to college and last wkend visiting her for her bday. Well she didn't give me any suggestions after I asked her...She is driving me nuts...Hate being a nagging teacher but it would be nice to help out...I am going nuts....Do you think I should talk to our director? (we both are the lead prek teachers at our school) I just don't know how to get through to her I need ideas and suggestions... TIA

bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

playpower

co-teaching
Old 09-16-2016, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Can you sit down together with a calendar and break down weeks and alternate the planning? If you are theme-based, you could choose topics that are of most interest to you individually. You plan one week, she plans the other----you'll be prepared for your week and see if she is as well. If she's not, then that is when I would bring the director in to mediate. Good luck!
playpower is offline   Reply With Quote

bruinsfan

Old 09-17-2016, 03:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks...we have actually sat down together and went over who takes the different areas of the curriculum. I was ok with that...But come Monday morning she has nothing to submit for our lessons. Again this week no help at all. She is also very overwhelmed what I plan. Our class is at so many different levels.
bruinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

playpower

Old 09-17-2016, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yes, definitely time to get the director involved. If she's not pulling her weight she needs to be called on it. I'd suggest bringing some documentation with specific notes about lack of preparation and how it affects your class---and you!

I co-taught years ago and while I really liked my colleague, she was perfectly happy to sit back and let me do ALL of the planning. It got to the point where I was less stressed when I did it because then I knew for sure we'd be prepared. Looking back I see how unfair that was---I try to advocate for myself better these days! I hope it all works out for you!
playpower is offline   Reply With Quote

TheFlyingPen

Do it in email
Old 09-27-2016, 10:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Email her. That way, it sends a gentle message that you are documenting things.

You may get a better response that way.

Next step is to Cc someone or go to the union about it.

TheFlyingPen is offline   Reply With Quote