Help

The VENT

Stressed

>

missamanda_20

Stressed
Old 01-29-2017, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so exhausted at this point. State testing is coming and I am working my hardest to make sure all kids pass. I really want all my kids to pass. I feel like crying right now.

missamanda_20 is offline   Reply With Quote

bnm0329

You are not the only one
Old 01-30-2017, 01:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Every year this stress comes around...keep doing what you are doing!
bnm0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 01-30-2017, 06:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Try not to look at the test as the end all. Look at what improvements your students have made. Try to celebrate those little things along the way.

I hate the cycles in teaching every year. How you can feel caught up - plans done, grading done, progress reports done... and then two days later you are swimming in a sea of the same stuff plus SAT meetings, IEP paperwork, PD that pushes some feeling of guilt down your throat, and then observatons. As soon as you get those handled, you are behind on planning, grading, progress reports... Never ending cycle of pressure that starts over the next year!

Keep stepping forward. It helps me to have a list to prioritize. Sometimes my list is on paper, sometimes it is in my head, but checking things off helps ease my stress. My teaching partner and I sat down Friday (thank you principal) and did some backward planning so that we make sure we finish covering, or at least touch upon some of the most important test concepts. I feel better just knowing we have a plan to go with.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

learnforever

Keep your perspective
Old 01-30-2017, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Testing is stressful for everyone. No matter how much you teach not all will meet standard. They are different ages, with different abilities, backgrounds, and motivation. Do your best, team up with your grade level, do the online practice, and then "let it go!" Do keep a record of attendance and test practice completion to back up any questions about low performing students. It will be ok.
learnforever is offline   Reply With Quote