Help

The Job Search

school spring

>

dusty

school spring
Old 07-13-2020, 06:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone had any luck using the "search agent" on school spring that allows principals to search for possible candidates without actually posting a position? I'd rather not get excited to see an email from a school only for it be by principals from towns and schools i have no interested in but I don't know if this is the way to go because sometimes i see school positions filled in September but I never actually saw a job posting. Also, do people still mail cover letter/resume to principals or is that out dated now? I haven't done it because I figure everything is done through school spring now and it would just get tossed.
thanks
Hopeless job seeker

dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tuxedocat

Never used it
Old 07-15-2020, 11:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never even heard of it, to be honest. I just opened it up out of curiosity and the only thing posted within 25 miles of me is a Professional Development Instructor position. Of course, I'm not having much luck the old fashioned way, either.
Tuxedocat is offline   Reply With Quote

dusty

Old 07-15-2020, 12:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm right there with you tuxedocat. All I want is one person to give me a chance and at least give me an interview. It is so depressing going through the work of completing applications, uploading transcripts/certificates, and resumes and then hearing absolute silence. I can't even get anyone to respond to an email.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 07-16-2020, 02:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In my state, Illinois, all of the public school districts and some Catholic Dioceses, have an official online application form through AppliTrack. When you go to a district website and look at the area where it says job openings, it will give you a list and when you click on apply for a certain position, it will automatically take you to the form.

You fill out the information along with checking which positions you are interested in, and upload your resume and a cover letter. Then you basically have to wait to see if someone calls. That is pretty much the only way to apply for those positions in my state. Many of them are also listed on Indeed.com, but they also automatically direct you to the application form. You register and then can import information from an application for another district so you don’t have to repeat the process too much.

Some charter and other types of private schools either have their own site, or you can just send your resume through Indeed.com, Glassdoor.com, or Careerbuilder.com.

I would try the sites I mentioned, as well as google area school districts, and check their websites for directions on how to apply, unless School Spring is the way they do it in your state.

Many times they will say do not email, call, or visit individual principals. At least not in my state.

Unfortunately I think it is a game of getting your application out there and hope that you hear something. Years ago before the internet, I would send blind resumes to places and hope they had openings. I got my first teaching job and a couple of later jobs that way, and also a few positions that I had before I started teaching. Things are different now.
jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote