BusyBoard

PDF to Word

>

SoCalTeach

PDF to Word
Old 08-04-2020, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Speaking of TPT purchases...
If the packet is in PDF, how would I go about turning a PDF Into a google doc or Word Doc?

SoCalTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 08-04-2020, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

From the " print screen" Save the pdf to your drive. Then click on it from your drive and it should show up on a black screen with an " open with" arrow with choices at the top. Click on that. One should be Google Docs. Click on it. This only works with pretty basic looking worksheets. You still might need to do some editing to get it right.

I am not doing this right now, so I hope I didn't forget a step!!
twinmom95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Video help
Old 08-04-2020, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm not sure if you can easily turn the PDF into a Word doc, but you can definitely turn it into a Google Doc. I think it would be easier for you to do if you just google or youtube "Turning a PDF into a Google Doc". There are videos that show you how to do it. I had to do this a few times in the spring.

As far as turning the PDF into a word doc, have you tried copying and pasting it? You may have to adjust the format.

You can also drag the PDF to a Google Slide, set it as the background, and then add text boxes in the spaces for students to type their answers. It takes a little more work, but I know some people prefer this method to turning the PDF into a Google Doc.

Lastly, do you use SeeSaw at all? With SeeSaw, you can upload the PDF, send it out, and students can write on it.

Kami and I believe DocHub are Google Extensions that allow you to write on a PDF document. That could be another option.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

TheGr8Catsby

Old 08-04-2020, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You can use websites to convert it for you. I have used SimplyPDF before. It's the first that comes up when you search to convert it.

Just know that there will be issues. PDFs are purposely designed NOT to be editable. When a document is converted to a PDF, it basically converts it to a similar file to a picture. Trying to convert back to an editable from is bound to have issues.

In general, the more non-text that the file has, the more difficult it will be to convert.
TheGr8Catsby is offline   Reply With Quote

AspenRed

Old 08-05-2020, 04:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Do you want students to be able to type on the pdf file?

If so, you can download a Chrome extension that will allow students to type onto a pdf. I use Kami. Basically it allows you to put text boxes where you want to write.

You can also put a pdf file into Google Slides and add text boxes. This site will give you directions on how convert pdf sheets to google slides.

https://caffeinequeenteacher.com/con...sources6667-2/

AspenRed is offline   Reply With Quote