National Board Certification

Student Needs Examples Com 4

>

shannyshine

shannyshine

Student Needs Examples Com 4
Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My student needs example fell through and now I'm trying to figure out a new one. I'm elementary math and science. Thanks!

MCk2

Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Honestly, I'll be surprised if anyone tosses out any specific ideas for this question. From my observation, a lot of NBCT candidates find coming up with a viable SN and PLN to be the hardest part of not only C4, but of the whole process. It's hard enough to come up with an SN for your own students at your own school, let alone someone else's students at some other school that you know nothing about.

That being said, I would recommend searching and browsing this board for times when other people have discussed their SN. Certification area really matters the least with the SN, so there's tons of ideas floating around that could spark something for you. Okay, here's a hint: tons of people do something with Growth Mindset for either the SN or PLN.

Maybe sit down and have a major brainstorming session. What does your school seem to be lacking? What do the students need? Maybe identify someone you could collaborate with first, then figure out what you could do together. You're elementary so it is usually easier to get parents involved at that level than middle or high. What do the parents/families need to help improve student learning?
MCk2 is offline   Reply With Quote