Help

National Board Certification

C4 KOS Written Commentary

>

bespectacled

C4 KOS Written Commentary
Old 03-08-2020, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need a little bit of guidance on these two questions from the C4 written commentary.

Quote:
Based on your analysis, what are the needs of this group of students and what kinds of supports do you anticipate providing in order to meet those needs in fair and equitable ways?

What other educators, professionals, family members, or community members will you need to collaborate with to meet these studentsí needs and why? [You will show how you apply this information to one particular unit of instruction in the next section.]
I am Library Media, so for my Group Profile/KOS I borrowed a group of students, taught a unit, and did my assessments. Am I supposed to answer these questions as if I haven't already taught this unit, or am I supposed to answer them thinking about what I will do in the future (post-unit)? Honestly, now that I'm done with the unit, I probably won't do any other "supports" or collaboration surrounding these particular students.

bespectacled is offline   Reply With Quote

WhyHello

Old 03-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The lessons you taught and assessments you gave were supposed to address the data you gathered about your students from educators, professionals, family members, or community members. The whole reason you gather that data is to figure out how to design your lessons and assessments, and decide on the kinds of supports you need to provide them to succeed. It's why this piece of C4 is called "Knowledge of Students".
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

bespectacled

Old 03-08-2020, 04:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I realize that, but I donít understand why the questions are written in a future-thinking way when I have already done that work and it would make more sense to write in the past tense. I want to make sure Iím not missing something.

MCk2

Old 03-09-2020, 04:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm in the same boat. I've saved all of the writing until the end and now I'm writing about the future that has already happened.
MCk2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sarah1748

C4 Questions
Old 03-09-2020, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Quote:
I don’t understand why the questions are written in a future-thinking way when I have already done that work and it would make more sense to write in the past tense.
I completely understand the confusion. I saved the majority of my writing until the end as well. Answer the questions as if you have been doing the writing throughout the whole process. So, yes, you will write in the future for those questions ("Based on this and that, I realize that my students will need help with...") and then you will write about the work you already did with the students to address the need.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by Sarah1748; 03-09-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Sarah1748 is offline   Reply With Quote

bespectacled

Old 03-13-2020, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you both! That really helps!