Help

The VENT

Should I stick it out yet again?

>

Testyteach

Should I stick it out yet again?
Old 09-04-2018, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I work for an inner city charter school. I have the inclusion class again. Several kids on BIPS and I only get support part of the day. Six are inclusion out of 17 plus I have Tier 2 MTSS kids where I provide the supports. It's too much and the behaviors are insane. We don't have consequences anymore and can't give silent lunch or take away recess minutes. I just don't see teaching desirable anymore and haven't for a long time. I almost just want to throw the towel in now rather than deal with this circus for yet again another year. Is it so bad to break a contract? I don't think I'll teach again and plan on going back to school to get a different degree even though I'm pushing 50. I actually like learning and going to school, but don't like teaching in this dysfuctional education system that we have today.

Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 09-04-2018, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I stuck it out one year and 12 years later I still regret it. If you can afford it and have other options I say go. Others may (and will) disagree with me but your mental health is more important.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

MACMama

Old 09-04-2018, 05:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did exactly what you were considering. It was very difficult for me to get a job, and I believe thatís because I am over 50. So now Iím back to being an instructional aid. Itís a whole lot less money, but my stress level is down.
MACMama is offline   Reply With Quote

EarthMonkey

Old 09-04-2018, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I notice you say charter school, not that public schools do not have the same at times; but you might try the public schools in your area. Charter, in my state, cannot cause you to lose your credential for the year.
EarthMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

I am there too
Old 09-08-2018, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I could have almost written this....If you can afford it, go for it. It is too much and they keep adding to it all. Plus, the kids are worse ( behaviors extreme)w/ the lack of consequences.
You wonder who is thinking in education matters nowadays... School will be fun for you and maybe give you the rest and rejuvenation you need. I wish you the best! My towel is getting thrown in sooner than planned too.

Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote