Help

Substitute Teachers

finding jobs on AESOP

>

Geohnny

finding jobs on AESOP
Old 10-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently only approved in two school districts. So far, any jobs that show up are only there for less than a minute. If I have to check with relatives to get a babysitter or something, I'm out of luck. Anyone have any suggestions (besides branching out to more school districts)?

thanks

John

Geohnny is offline   Reply With Quote

thordau4

here's what I would do!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would grab the job, quickly do my best to make arrangements and if worse came to worst, I would cancel the job. - within 24 hours of start time if possible. But if not.... if the field is that tight, someone else will grab it quickly if you have to duck out.
Last week as I was sitting on AESOP, I saw a job come up and while I was thinking about it, someone grabbed it. About 1/2 hour later it reappeared. again, while I sat there thinking about the job someone ELSE grabbed it. It wasn't a place I immediately want to go, so I didn't grab it.... I'm thinking it was probably someone in your situation who took the job, couldn't make arrangements and put it out there for someone else.
And I would do my best to find childcare that is as flexible as I have to be. Everyone is struggling right now. I'm thinking you can find someone you can warn in advance that there will be very little warning!

A teacher isn't going to go without a sub if you end up unable to make arrangements. Just do your best! - - and let us know how it goes!
thordau4 is offline   Reply With Quote
thordau4
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
This message has been deleted by thordau4.

YILuv2Teach

Old 10-20-2009, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would accept them and then figure out your childcare. With how quick the jobs disappear you have to take them without thinking about it!

Also, maybe you could do your best to figure out ahead of time what days work with your relatives so that you can minimize the chances of it not working out and needing to cancel.
YILuv2Teach is offline   Reply With Quote