Help

Career Decisions

How can i get into teaching fast?

>

Para_az

How can i get into teaching fast?
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Im working as a para right now but the school I work for is in desperate need of another teacher. One teacher that works here is a para by trade but has some sort of other certificate that allows her to teach. I am in Arizona and was wondering if there is a faster rout that I can get into the classroom teaching? Our school cant wait for 4 years for me to obtain a degree, and we live in a tiny community without very many people interested in the education field. If anyone has any ideas it would be super helpful!

Para_az is offline   Reply With Quote

EagleI

Old 09-30-2016, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would suggest starting here but I will assume you have already looked over the state's website.

http://www.azed.gov/educator-certifi...g-certificate/

I will tell you that in Florida you MUST already have a Bachelor's degree but it doesn't have to be in Education. It can be in anything but you have to take several exams. The first is the "subject area" exam for the subject you want to teach. Then you have to take the General Knowledge exam. Once you take those and get hired you are given a temporary certificate good for 3 years which gives you time to complete the final "Professional" test among other things. And it isn't cheap. It costs money just to fill out an application ($75 I think), $200 for each exam, $150 or so for the retake. It is recommended that you look over study guides you cannot just "breeze through" the exams. They are not easy by any means and a lot of the questions (at least in Florida) are related to classroom environment which you really don't know until you actually teach.

So there is really no way to get it in a hurry but I would look into the state's website above for a lot of the information that you are looking for. There is some more basic info here

http://www.azed.gov/educator-certification/
EagleI is offline   Reply With Quote