Career Decisions

Moving with family over summer out of state job

>

Makingamove

Makingamove

Moving with family over summer out of state job
Old 05-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you had two young kids under 3, would you make an out of state move with them and start a new job? And your dh was starting a new job too? Do you think it would be too stressful for everyone? It seems really daunting because the first year of teaching is tough enough. Has anyone done this? Thank you!

EagleI

Old 05-16-2016, 03:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's easier to move when the kids are young and at that age they won't even remember moving out of state. We moved when our son was in 1st grade. The older they are the harder it is to move, especially when they reach the middle school age.

I remember my dad was transferred to Tennessee from Michigan when I was 9 years old and I was terrified but I survived and as an adult I see it was a good move for our family.

If one of you has a job lined up already that is even better. More than likely your teacher certification will transfer over to the other state but you may have to take some state tests when you finally get there.
EagleI is offline   Reply With Quote

xoink

Moving
Old 06-23-2016, 11:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This probably is the best time. Even better if it is during the summer. Hubby can start new job while you get settled in with kids. Good luck, it will be fine!
xoink is offline   Reply With Quote