Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Angry over a small thing

>

2teach2

Angry over a small thing
Old 09-08-2019, 11:27 AM

This morning was the first morning in a looooong time that I did not have any chores that needed doing, and no errands that had to be run. It was beautiful and cool, so I asked DH to get our bikes ready for a bike ride. He came in and said that our tire pump was gone and all of our bike tires were flat. We think one of our kids probably loaned out the pump and didn't get it back. I was so angry that I was in tears! Granted, I am menopausal, so that may have contributed to the excessive reaction. DH doesn't understand why I was so upset. He just doesn't get that I so rarely have a free day!

Is there anything that makes you 'irrationally' angry? I'm hoping I'm not the only one!

2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Angry
Old 09-08-2019, 12:39 PM

What a disappointment for you. Sometimes itís the littlest thing that can break us. Could you take the bikes to a gas station and use their pump or maybe a neighbor has a pump you can borrow?

Bike riding on a cool morning can sweep away the daily troubles and create a calmer spirit.

Iím a pretty calm person so if I get irrationally angry, I must be sick, stressed or exhausted.
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

angry
Old 09-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Just yesterday, I was trying to download an app on my phone and I couldn't remember my password. DH asked me something and I said, "I'm about to throw this phone across the yard." He gently took it from me and figured it out.

He knows.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

owl98

Old 09-08-2019, 03:11 PM

YES! My ďDHĒ was ďhelpingĒ and washed my favorite plum colored t-shirt with white towels and dried it as well. Needless to say, it ended up shrunk and white pill balls all over it. I was SO irrationally angry I went out and spent 100 dollars on new t shirts... I feel better now, but I am a little bitter yet.
owl98 is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 09-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Oh yes! You are not alone. I get angry at traffic, especially if I have a lot to do or am in a hurry. I once broke our computer mouse by throwing it on the floor because my laptop wasn't cooperating. Uncooperative technology really sets me off, and I have no idea why.

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 09-08-2019, 05:49 PM

Iíve been trying to start my new stack of books for a week now. It was the week from you know where so it didnít happen. This weekend I thought, then I woke up with the cold from you know where. Itís so bad that Iím actually wondering if it isnít the flu. Needless to say, didnít get to start my book this weekend either. To say Iím in a foul mood is an understatement.
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote