Help

Books, Guided Reading & Literature

Classroom Listening Station

>

texteach55

Classroom Listening Station
Old 01-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering what the most economical way to purchase a listening station for my classroom would be. I have a boom box and a Kindle Fire.

If I bought headphone splitters for 5 or 6 listeners would that work with my boom box? That is what I would like to use because I have story cassettes.

If I used the Kindle I know I could download stories. Would a headphone spitter work with that?

Are there any other options that I'm not thinking about?

Thanks for your help.

texteach55 is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

Buy a headphone "hub" and
Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you can use it for 2-8 listeners. It would also allow the electronics to sit in a central location where the table/group leader could get it going without everyone touching it.

One like this has two jacks on the receiving end so it can use a small headphone hole like in a boom box, computer or Kindle and a larger jack so it can go in older model cassette players and stereos...

You can get it with or without individual volume controls to save money but I recommend getting the individual one so it is one less thing to adjust on the main gadget.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

texteach55

Thank you Whatever!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Your information was very helpful!
texteach55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Freckles123

Textteach55 re: listening center
Old 11-24-2014, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi! For your listening station you can also tape stories retold by you. This gives you the option of slowing down or speeding up the pace. Also, you then have the freedom of asking your own questions based on the skills you want to evaluate. I also had students respond on paper and recorded my voice checking, explaining and giving the correct answer. Students then can exchange papers and mark. This allows you to give guided instruction at another class center like Writing, whilst students are still actively engaged and remaining on task. Ps..... You can record the same story twice so that students need no assistance with rewinding. For older elem students, a group leader can be assigned who knows how to monitor equipment also. Students also get a kick out of hearing their own teacher's voice on tape. Hope these suggestions help!
Freckles123 is offline   Reply With Quote