Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I think my sonís friend stole his

>

emgirl

I think my sonís friend stole his
Old 11-25-2019, 07:37 PM

Switch joy con. I was out running errands on Saturday so it was just my dh home. My son went to play his Switch tonight and is missing a joy con. I have searched his playroom high and low. The last time he saw it was when he and his friend were playing on Saturday . His friend was using the joy in thatís missing. We talked to my son about being more responsible but idk what else to do??? A new joy con is 59.00 so we told ds he will have to use his allowance to buy a new one. Advice???

emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Joy con
Old 11-25-2019, 07:40 PM

I have no idea what a joy con is, but until you have absolute proof his friend stole it, donít go down that road.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

teachnkids

Old 11-25-2019, 07:53 PM

I also don't know what a joy con is.

How old are these kids? If young I might call the parents and say something like this....Hi Susan, would you do me a favor and ask Sam if he out the joy con somewhere when he was at our house. Brian can't find it and we're going crazy looking for it.
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote

seenthelight

Old 11-25-2019, 08:21 PM

Joycons are the controllers for the Nintendo Switch. They act somewhat like a joy stick or a wii remote for certain games hence the joy, but can be attached to the switch pad or together to make a more traditional controller hence the con.

Iíd probably follow the PPís advice and call mom. Stuff like that happens around here all the time especially when kids take their Switch on play dates. Joycons get mixed up and/or misplaced. There is a chance that the other child does have it, but didn't steal it. They may have just gotten mixed up, or the child put it in his pocket to do something and walked away with it.

If mom can't find it, Iíd search the house again not just the playroom. They are relatively small, and can get misplaced easily.
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 11-26-2019, 03:43 AM

I agree with teachnkids. Try calling the other parent and ask them to ask the child if he knows where it might be. Maybe he even just accidentally placed it somewhere unusual. Hope you guys find it!

TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote