Help

BusyBoard

Can PDF's be used in Google Slides?

>

Risa

Can PDF's be used in Google Slides?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've been creating a variety of distance learning resources for my former teaching partners. I've been very frustrated with my own Google Drive account, so I've had to find other ways to work around it.

I'm thinking of creating resources on Powerpoint that will be saved as PDF's. Can PDFs be saved and used by my friends as Google slides (GS)?

If not, can they be converted to another file type that can be used on GS?

Risa is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

If you create a powerpoint
Old 11-09-2020, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

and send to your friends and associates, they should be able to upload the file to their google drive and then open the powerpoint as a google slide show without making them into PDFs.

And vice versa. If your friends send you a google slide, you should be able to open the google slide and download it as a powerpoint.
PrivateEyes is online now   Reply With Quote

Risa

Thanks for your reply
Old 11-09-2020, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would have asked my friends directly but they were busy teaching earlier in the day, so I thought I'd post it here. I usually send the materials as PDFs because they often don't have the same fonts I use. I didn't realize they could send me a google slide presentation without changing the format into a PDF or even a PNG. Good to know.

I'm slowly becoming familiar with some of the tools my friends' schools require them to use for virtual teaching. I've had to be persistent and resourceful to find my way through, but if there's anything I have right now is time to do what I could never do while I was teaching. Thanks to PT and YouTube, after they describe what they'd like to have for their students, I am finding that I can create the specific resources and they can put them to immediate use with their young students.

booklady57

Just a word of caution
Old 11-09-2020, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The fonts may not transfer from your PowerPoint to Google Slides exactly. And if you use transitions and animations, they may not work either when transferred from one platform to the other.
booklady57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Risa

Another thanks!
Old 11-09-2020, 08:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for making that clarification, booklady! I might have used all those cool transitions or animations and been disappointed it didn't work... More good info for me to keep in mind. PT comes through for me, yet again!