Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I donít think I should have paid as much

>

emgirl

I donít think I should have paid as much
Old 11-27-2019, 08:16 AM

My H wanted someone to install our lights this year. We have stucco so we were going to try a magnetic install. He found a man who installs lights on our neighborhood Facebook page who said he could do it. He told my H he charges 100 to install lights but it would be 150 for the magnetic install (he would need to drill magnetic washers on the house so it would take him more time.) He comes to do it and tells us he doesnít feel comfortable drilling into our stucco. He and H had discussed this through text and he said he would be fine with it so I donít know what changed his mind. He troubleshoots with my h for about 45 min when he notices we have a thin steel bar on the top of the house roofline and on the middle of the house (I donít even know what itís for 😂😂&#128514. He realizes itís magnetic and asks if weíd be okay with just putting the lights on the bar. We tell him that itís fine since there didnít seem to be any other option. The lights were up within 10 min. Like I could have done that. He charges us 125.00. I think we should have only been charged the 100.00. He told us he gave us a deal. What says pro teacher??? 😉😂

emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 11-27-2019, 08:57 AM

The lights are up, you didn't have to do it, and you learned the trick to doing it for yourself next year. Sounds like money well spent.
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilbitkm

Old 11-27-2019, 09:27 AM

I think it also sounds like money well spent...

I have multiple friends who pay $2,000+ to have the Christmas lights done on the exterior of their home each year.
Lilbitkm is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 11-27-2019, 09:36 AM

He spent a lot of time figuring it out. Just because he came up with a good and easy solution after spending time figuring bit out does not mean he should get paid less. You were charged less than the agreed upon amount which is a bargain.
love_to_learn is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

charge
Old 11-27-2019, 11:00 AM

I agree that you got a bargain and that he received what was fair. Next year you can do it yourself.

cvt is offline   Reply With Quote