Help

The VENT

Schadenfreude, you betcha!

>

Kinderkr4zy

Schadenfreude, you betcha!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My last job I had a terrible P! She was everything that you hope to avoid in a P-She showed massive favoritism, She didnt seem to know how to do the basics of her job, She was horribly disorganized, she was a non-communicator, She let the parents rule the show, The only backs she ever had was her own, she used aides who were her friends as spies, She encouraged tattling, She blamed teachers for student behavior (even ED kinders with dx's for emotional disturbance), she was also very vindictive. When I gave my notice that I wasnt coming back the next year (6 weeks before school let out) she started treating me horribly, then she promptly posted my position, filled it and fired me even though I had had no write ups or bad evals.

Fast forward 3 years-She was fired a couple months back apparently.

Yes, I am really enjoying her getting a taste of her own medicine. I am sure I shouldn't be, but I am down right gloating. I am happy and appreciated in my current school and she got tossed to the curb mid-year. It just feels like karma or a cosmic sense of justice. This is a very crazy time of year, and super stressful, but then I remember this and I smile

Yes, I am sure I'll pay for this schadenfreude, but ...you almost never get to see people get what they deserve...I want to bask in it a little.

Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 04-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Your ex-P deserves exactly what she got! I'd be doing a happy dance too!
jov is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 04-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I totally get it. I had the P from hell at my previous school. She was a horrible, narcissistic bully on top of being a completely incompetent administrator. My one year at the school was her first year there. Her reign of terror continued into a third year, and then she was finally fired. At the time, she had something like 300 grievances against her for that year alone- and think how many teachers were afraid to file, so obviously even more going on than that.

The best part was that she stayed at the school for awhile while an "investigation" was conducted. She had an HR babysitter that followed her around. She had treated my former teammates particularly poorly because they were union reps. Her HR babysitter made her go into both of their rooms each morning and say good morning and wish them a good day, HR babysitter in tow. I would have loved to see that!

Some of the worst things she did finally came out, and not only did she end up completely fired mid-year, but she also get her admin and teacher licenses taken away.

When I found this out, I sent my mom a text that said "Ding Dong the witch is dead" .
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-03-2019, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Don't think of it as schadenfreude. Think of is as karma in action. You are just thanking the karma god (is there one? I think so?) for doing his/her/its job.

That's got to feel satisfying.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Surly

Still waiting for karma to come back
Old 04-04-2019, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

On one I had a few years back, although I'm so distant and detached from that part of the state and phase of my life, I probably wouldn't even know if it did.

Surly is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Things work out for a reason...
Old 04-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

You are justified in your feelings. So glad you found a new position that makes you happy. I am glad she is out and not impacting anyone at your old school negatively any more.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

LastMinute123

Old 04-04-2019, 04:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I've only ever seen this word written and none of the Google results are helping because they don't agree with each other. One says SHAHdenFROIDuh. One says SKOOdenFROOD!
LastMinute123 is offline   Reply With Quote

SwollenAnkles

Old 04-04-2019, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Bask in it! That is wonderful! I hope I someday get such a treat with a certain teacher at my school! Many of us will dance if she gets kicked to the street!
SwollenAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote