Help

Fourth Grade

More Technology

>

Smiles2You

More Technology
Old 08-11-2012, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I want to use more technology this year, and fewer worksheets!

Powerpoints are great, but I would like to transform them into something bigger for the world to see. Anyone know websites or programs to use? Also, adding videos to the web~any websites other than youtube?

What are some projects that you do using technology??

TIA!

mnolan

Me too!!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I, too, would like to use more technology in my teaching but feel so illiterate!!! I did just buy 2 great books to help me this year, The Accidental Techie and Teach Like a Techie.

Teachin'4th

A few technology ideas
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have been slowly adding more technology into my classroom each year. Here are a few great sights to check out:

Edmodo: you can create a class webpage and students can each create their own account. It looks like facebook, but students can NOT message each other. As a teacher you can create a group, students join and you can give assignments, tests, and polls. Students can turn in files (movies, MP3s or documents) as homework assignments. Edmodo corrects the quizzes (if multiple choice) and keep grades. For other assignment you can input grade and again Edmodo will keep grade book.

http://animoto.com/
Create a teacher account, and again students can work on sight. This is a fun place to create slide shows and movies. It is easy to add pictures and music.

I also love Blabbize, but you need to supervize closely as no content is blocked. So, I make sure my students are only in the "make" mode and not in the browse mode.

Last year we skyped for the first time. You can even put out skype request here, on proteacher or try http://education.skype.com/

Here are a few ideas for student projects: create movies (book reviews, commercials for state or tourist attraction, current events, etc); create a wordle (I had the students write a summary to a famous speech the we compared our Wordles); http://prezi.com/ is also a nice switch from power point presentation, but I tend to prefer movies. We also use iPads in my classroom and I love story robe. Students find pictures about a historical event and are able to add their voices to create an engaging report.

Good luck and have fun!

halfpints

EduGlogster technology project
Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My class does an end-of-year (4th grade) interactive poster on eduGlogster. The kids love it and it is fun to do. You do have to buy a subscription, though. We live in Ca., so it is a California Road Trip. Kids pick 3 cities/towns to visit in our state and have to tell about current tourist attractions and history of that region (i.e. missions or ranchos, native groups).

BHERF

Flip cameras
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Flip cameras or video cameras of any sort are wonderful. I have had students record news reports, book reviews, identify geometric shapes around the school and tell why they are called that shape (2nd grade), group projects about a famous person and record a mock interview. The sky is the limit and the students LOVE seeing themselves.

I have also used PowerPoint but had the students record their voices on the slides. I used this for animal projects and book trailors.