Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Do you have a Cricut machine?

>

Hpylife

Do you have a Cricut machine?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All! Curious if anyone here has a Cricut machine. I'm thinking of getting one to help save time for making letters and other things for my classroom. But it's sooooo expensive. Not sure if it's worth the money or if I should just keep doing things by printing out and laminating?

Thoughts? If you have one, does it work as well (and as easy) as everyone says it does.

thanks!

Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

tchrrx

Old 08-08-2017, 05:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Cricut and absolutely love it! I have the Explore Air 2. A lot of people chose this one because it's able to be used with bluetooth. Personally I like to design on my laptop, so it isn't that big of a deal to hook it to the machine. If you use an iPad a lot though, that feature would be great for you.

I started off purchasing it to make bulletin board letters and that's about it. Now I've learned to make figures that are 3 feet tall. My classroom theme is Toy Story, so I have 3 foot tall characters made from paper all around my room. I've also cut vinyl to make t-shirts for vacation and window cling to label my white board. With the Explore Air, I can also use pens to label things. My kids' 'welcome back' envelopes have never been so cute!

There is a learning curve, but if you begin with paper projects (Joann's and Hobby Lobby often have the card stock packets on sale), it's really not that expensive of a learning curve.

Check out Facebook Cricut for the Classroom-official page and Cricut Newbies and Pros for Explore. They'll give you just a taste of everything this machine can do.

Note: When you first purchase, you'll get a month's free subscription to Cricut Access. This is a great chance to cut a lot of stuff if you have time. After that, don't feel like you have to buy anything. I've managed to find everything free online. The machine could cost you a lot if you purchase files, but it doesn't have to.
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

DualELA

Cameo Silhouette
Old 08-09-2017, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a Cameo Silhouette and I do everything on it! I used to have a Cricut but chose the silhouette because I didn't have to purchase images, I could just find them online and print and cut.

I have it for the very same reasons and more. I also decorate my daughter's birthday parties.

I have two. One in the classroom and one at home. The one in the classroom I got from DonorsChoose.org. If you are worried about the price, get it through DonorsChoose.org.
DualELA is offline   Reply With Quote