Classroom Management

Class Dojo and Clip Chart

>

LDStafford

Class Dojo and Clip Chart
Old 07-06-2017, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey,

I currently use a clip chart for behavior and I have several rewards for my third graders. This past year I gave them a choice once they got 5, 10, 15 etc. stickers on their clip they picked a coupon or something from the treasure box. I was wondering if anyone has a clip chart and uses Class Dojo for behavior. I joined Class Dojo and it sounds like the kids would really like it. I just am having a hard time figuring out how I will do the points with the clip chart too and with rewards.

LDStafford is offline   Reply With Quote

essence253

Clip Chart and Dojo
Old 07-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I use both and use them together. We have to use clip charts in my building, so the chart is tied to school rules. Students can clip up or down, but no one can clip back up after a certain time (usually the last 30 mins of class). I mainly use the random button to catch students doing the right thing. If they keep a green or superstar chart all week they can earn 5 point. If the class gets a complement it's 2 points. Complements from the P or AP double. Students can go to the treat box after 10 points.

During the second semester I intoduce the negative point and increase number of points to earn a treat. I also give students 1 point for each day they stay on the green or superstar chart. I still mostly use the random button, but there are some things that can result is losing points.
essence253 is offline   Reply With Quote

brownbear

Old 07-09-2017, 07:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use Class Dojo. Students earn a prize every time they earn 50 points. I usually review points and give out prizes once a week. Students earn points for being on task, helping a friend, participating, etc...so no problems with 50 point increments. Prizes include coupons for lunch with teacher, switch seats for the day, stuffed animal, teacher's desk or prize box. Most kids chose the coupons. I can also takes points away and communicate with parents.
brownbear is offline   Reply With Quote

MsFrost

Clip charts with incentives
Old 08-19-2017, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't use Class Dojo, but have heard of many schools that do. However, my school requires that all teachers use the clip chart for behavior. This chart travels with the students all day and anyone can take points for undesirable behavior (TAs, other teachers, support staff, etc.).

When students show great behavior or actions, they can receive tickets from any faculty/staff member. The tickets are kind of like "caught being good" certificates. The students then have two choices of how to use their tickets. One choice is saving up their tickets each week and using them to "buy" items from the "SSEB store" (Students Showing Excellent Behavior). There, they can exchange their tickets for things like decorated pencils or erasers, pencil toppers, bookmarks, brag tags, etc. Every teacher is required to keep a "SSEB Sack" in their classroom. It's basically a basket or bucket. So the other option is that students can drop their tickets in and teachers do a daily drawing for a prize. The prizes are free things like doing an assignment with a pen, spending the days with their shoes off, sitting in the teacher's chair, having lunch with a special friend/teacher/faculty member, extra recess or computer time, etc.

Maybe you could do your own drawings/raffles for some of those freebies? There's a list that we were all given a copy of called "50 Absolutely Free Student Rewards." You can view it here. Hope this helps!
MsFrost is offline   Reply With Quote