Help

Kindergarten

Preparing for LTS at the start of the year

>

ilvmykds

Preparing for LTS at the start of the year
Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am due, with my first child, in August and will be taking the beginning of the school year (probably just the first month) off. I teach in upstate NY and we begin school after Labor Day. I have begun to think about getting things ready for whomever my LTS may be, but I'm not sure how exactly I should go about this. I may not know who will be filling in for me until August. I would like to be done prepping everything before then. Fortunately, I will be able to have things up and ready on the walls at the end of the year. I will also be able to leave a map for the furniture set up.

I was thinking about putting together a binder with a section for each subject with descriptions or laid out lessons. I also planned to have lesson plans (full day/week) all ready for both the month of September for the LTS and October, for me when I go back. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am very nervous about having someone else start my class, especially since I don't know who that person may be. I can be very particular about things and really try to make my students independent right from the get-go.

I appreciate any input. Thank you in advance.

ilvmykds is offline   Reply With Quote

BeeHappy

This is such an important part of your life!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! It sounds like you are working on creating 2 nests - one for your little one and one for your classroom of little ones!

I had a very long detailed response typed to you and at the end I added one of the 'smilies'. I wanted to change it and when I clicked on it, then on 'backspace' my entire post was erased permanently! Has that ever happened to any of you? Ugh!

As a result, this time I typed it in Word first, then added it to my Shutterfly website as I feel it is a post that others might need in the future. I process/problem solve many aspects of my own teaching when I reply so it was helpful to me also.

So you will find it on the Teacher Resource page of my Shutterfly site, right at the top. I hope you find it helpful. Please access it by requesting the password through the Shutterfly site.

Bee Happy

[PS - Note to self: Do not use the backspace/delete key after highlighting any of these little smilies, ever!]
BeeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote

ilvmykds

Thank you!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for your input. I read most of your blog post. I have it open on my computer so I can go back to it when I have some more time to check everything out. I appreciate the time you took to respond and put that information together. I am very anxious about getting everything together and ready. You organized some of my thoughts nicely.

Thank you again!
ilvmykds is offline   Reply With Quote

BeeHappy

I know that it looks
Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

overwhelming right now, but you can do this! If you make one chart every day or even every other day, it will be done in no time! Take it in easy, doable chunks. Make a list and cross one thing at a time off as you do it. You'll find that your anxiety will decrease with your first step forward.

Enjoy your pregnancy...and the rest of the year! Let us know how it goes!

Bee Happy
BeeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote